We have stayed at this hotel twice now, and I can't express how much we love this hotel.
- The STAFF are friendly and accommodating and always treated us well and were willing to help us however they could, whether it was going over maps or even giving me a broom to clean up after my kids (I asked for the broom, I'm not going to burden housekeepers to clean a mess I can clean myself). We have never had a bad experience with the staff here.
- The ROOM we had both times we stayed were beautiful, high class with amazing bathrooms, breathtaking views and all the creature comforts we needed to be comfortable. We felt a little like royalty with the high end finishes and huge ceilings. The rooms were awesome.
- This hotel is situated in a great LOCATION only a 5 minute drive to Whiffin Spit Park, our favorite hangout in Sooke and is located right on the water (hence the name "oceanfront") and every morning that sun comes in the room and greets you to views of a gorgeous waterfront and families going boating, fishermen going out for an adventure. The location can't be beat.
- You may think that the prices are high for a hotel in some respects, but when you consider the staff, the rooms, the location and the amenities of this resort, the prices are actually reasonable and easy to pay with no regrets.
- The food at the on site restaurant is really good. The staff at the restaurant are friendly and cater to families despite the bar/pub like setting of the restaurant. Clean, nice decor and decent portion sizes for the price.
- The parking can be a bit tight, especially if you have a larger vehicle like the have. BUT, despite this, they do have alternative parking options, so the parking can get crowded so you have to ask the staff where you can park when the lot is full, because they do have underground parking and some side options.
- The food, although delicious is a bit expensive and there are no budget friendly items on the menu. Like I said above, the portion sizes are decent, but you find yourself just ordering whatever is the least expensive just to keep the bill down.
- I didn't notice any vending machines on any level other than the 1st floor by the pool and the second floor by the elevator. It would be nice to have a vending machine / Ice machine on every level.
Everyone has different expectations when they visit hotels, so some people who want more than what we wanted might have issues with this or that and that is normal. But for us, we expected a nice room, comfortable with nice staff and decent amenities and this hotel delivered more than what we expected. We love the staff, love the location, the rooms and the grandeur of the property.
If you want a room with a breathtaking view and you want to be greeted with a smile instead of a frown, then this hotel will not disappoint you. We loved it and will not stay anywhere else when we visit Sooke.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Prestige Oceanfront Resort is your ideal haven for relaxation and rejuvenation. Our full service resort features luxurious guest rooms, exceptional dining experiences, and extraordinary hospitality. Rising above the Pacific Ocean, our waterfront resort offers breath-taking views of Sooke Harbour, Sooke Basin, Juan de Fuca Strait and the Olympic Mountains. Conveniently located near unique local attractions and recreational facilities, we invite you to indulge in a truly West Coast experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Prestige Oceanfront Resort, BW PREMIER Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prestige Oceanfront Resort, BW PREMIER Collection Sooke, Vancouver Island