Prestige Oceanfront Resort, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Sooke
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Very imposing hotel. Really enjoyed our stay, lovely lobby wish you could have drinks served in there it's so nice. Our room was very spacious .Restaurant was very good too.We had lovely weather, views across harbour are beautiful .

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Oceanfront Resort, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Thank you for your compliments! We look forward to welcoming you back. - Sonu Murphy

Reviewed July 24, 2013

When we first drove up to this hotel it was so majestic looking with southern charm. The lobby is very impressive with ceiling to floor windows that face the harbour. Our room was spacious and beautiful with an ocean view balcony. The bed was wonderful and the bathroom was more than adequate with a deep soaker tub, rain shower head and a TV mounted on the wall so you could be entertained while soaking in the tub. We were visiting friends who live in Sooke so we did not have much time to enjoy the amenities like the pool or spa however we did use the exercise room which was equipped with a wide array of modern and new machines and free weights. The restaurant and lounge are very nice and the food was excellent. This hotel is just a couple of years old so everything is fresh and new. We would definitely return!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PJFCalgary

Thank you for your recommendation and compliments! Its a great plus to have friends in Sooke that can show you the best of what makes it such a special place. I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay and hope you have an opportunity to see more sights & sounds on your next visit. My personal pick is Sandcut Beach, just a short drive from the resort! - Sonu Murphy

Reviewed July 23, 2013

The very Best, Best Western I have stayed in. Everything I ever wanted in a hotel was there. The restaurant on the property was also exceptional. Had both lunch and dinner there several times. The service, views of the waterfront, and food were all that you could ask for.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for your compliments! Our team will be delighted to hear that they are "the Best" Best Western! Very rewarding for a staff that works exceptionally hard to ensure every guest has a memorable stay. We hope to welcome you back soon! - Sonu Murphy

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We would recommend the Best Western at Sooke, what a gem, so beautiful away from the crowds of Victoria, so many lovely beaches and walks to go on and Sooke has great places to appease your palate. Try the Smoken Tuna Restuarant you can find it on Tripadvisor. The Best Western is 12 in my books, had such a wonderful time at this lovely hotel. Thanks to all the staff who catered to us.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your recommendation and high praise! I am glad that you enjoyed your visit with family and I look forward to trying the restaurant you recommended - sounds great! We look forward to your next visit! - Sonu Murphy

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Visited this hotel with friends who had made the booking. We were impressed with its exterior appearance and the interior didn't disappoint either. The hallways leading to the room were wide and well decorated but the subdued lighting made if difficult to see the room numbers. More lighting or more visible numbers needed here please. We upgraded our room to a lake view with king bed and it was wonderful. There was everything we needed for the one night stay and more, even a TV in the bathroom! The bed was extremely comfortable and the room quite so a good nights sleep prepared us for our journey next day. On the negative side the room was cold when we arrived and it seemed that the air conditioning unit controls had been disabled so we turned it off at the wall. I wish hotels would leave an easy instruction sheet for the various electrical items in rooms as maybe everyone is not technically minded. Overall a lovely place to stay.

Room Tip: Go for lake view with king bed. Lovely large room well decorated and quiet
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

I am glad that you have an overall good experience while staying with friends at the resort. I have passed your comments on to our management team in Sooke for further review. Thank you for sharing your review and we hope to see you again soon! - Sonu Murphy

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We stayed here for one night while on a short road trip. What a great find! We were very pleased with all aspects of our stay. The location was superb, lovely water views. Staff friendly, efficient and accomodation second to none. Dining room food was excellent. We will recommend this hotel to all our friends.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your compliments and recommendation! I am glad that you had a wonderful stay and enjoyed the spectacular views. We look forward to welcoming you back! - Sonu Murphy

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I am writing this review from my room at the new Best Western Premier Prestige in Sooke. My husband and I own 3 timeshares so we don't stay at many hotels in our travels but we were curious about Vancouver Island. We booked a cottage in Sooke but they lost our reservation so at the last minute I got us rooms here for just 2 nights. It is large and new and has a very lovely lobby. Rooms are also beautiful, clean, new and bright. But there are many many things lacking at this beautiful facility so I will outline them here in the hopes that management reads these reviews and maybe takes some of these seriously enough to consider.

I'll list the CONS first and end with the PROS.
CONS
There are 2 wings of the hotel - a north wing and I don't even know what the other wing is called because there are NO signs to denote them.
Ice machines are only in the NORTH wing and you cannot get to the North wing from the other wing so you have to go down to the lobby access the North Wing from there.
The maps in the hallway near the elevators which tell you where rooms are located is VERY DARK and needs either backlighting or an external light pointed directly at it. Whoever's idea it was to make everything so dark is delusional. The people who can AFFORD this lovely resort are retirees who needs lots of LIGHT with reading and seeing things. So all the DARK in the hallways and such is just a royal pain in the tush!
We tried to find The Comedy Channel. The TV guide in the room says channel 41. We turn to 41 and it's just SNOW. We bring up the TV guide on the TV and it also says channel 41. I call downstairs to the lobby to ask about it. I explained the situation and either the front desk needs to be enlightened as to what is going on or the guy I spoke to just flat out lied to me. After much going back and forth with him telling me to check the book and check the guide (the 2 things I did before I called him) he finally said "Oh, Shaw (??) changed our channel lineup last week." Really? Well if that is accurate, why not change the guides in the room to reflect the ACTUAL channels that are on the TV??!?! I don't know whether to believe him or not cause why not tell me that from the get-go?
There is a refrigerator in the room but it does not seem to get very cold. Would be nice to have a temperature control button on it.
Lights in the room need to be brighter! Trying to sit and read is hard to do cause the lighting is not bright enough.
The air conditioner in the room has buttons ON it which we tried furiously to use to turn it off cause the room was quite cold. None of the buttons work - there is a thermostat on the wall across the room from the A/C. I think they need to put something in the BOOK in the room about controlling the A/C or maybe how about a little strip of instructions saying "see wall thermostat" to let people know. Very frustrating!
The TV on the wall needs a swivel arm so that it can be better viewed from the bed.
Finally the ice bucket is TOO small! They are nice and stainless steel - but they are SMALL and don't hold much ice!

Now for the PROS
The rooms are very large and have lovely colors.
In my online reservation I asked for "upper floor, away from elevator" as I always do, and the front desk was happy to accommodate my request. Thank you!
The beds are VERY VERY comfy - we slept superbly and look forward to our sleep tonight as well.
In the bathroom, there is a separate water closet with the toilet which means when one person is in the shower, the other can still use the toilet. I love that!
There is a TV in the bathroom! I love that too!
Lots of towels and they are plush.
There is a makeup mirror in the bathroom. I don't see those in most hotels so nice touch!
Although we don't drink coffee, there is a coffee maker in the room.
The sofa in the room is also comfy for sitting.
The doors to the room DO NOT SLAM! When entering or leaving with bags and such, people tend to let go of the door and most hotel doors SLAM which can awaken other guests especially late at night or early in the morning. So I do appreciate having doors that do not slam. Thank you!
The shades on the patio door and window work great at darkening the room well for sleep.
The a/c works great and does not cut off during the night (as I have experienced in other hotels).
There is a door sign in the room that you can fill out to let your housekeeper know what time you want your room cleaned or if you prefer no cleaning at all, as well as if you want extra pillows or blankets or towels. I've never seen this before and I did appreciate having options for room cleaning.
There is a closet with a safe and lots of hangers, a wall cubby for clothing and 2 luggage racks!

As you can see there are about equal numbers of pros and cons. I do hope that management heeds some of my concerns with the CONS, particularly about the lighting. I would guess they get a lot of retirees and grandparents traveling with families and dark hallways and dark signs do not give us retirees a sense of safety or concern for our needs and requirements.

Note to hotel: Please please backlight the maps or at least put a little light above them so that they can be read by all of your guests! The floor map is essential for figuring out fire exits and where rooms are located.

If we are coming through here again, we are not sure if we would stay here or not. Consider the pros and cons and if the cons are not big issues for you, stay here. It's a very beautiful hotel. Just needs lots of tweaking to be truly accommodating to ALL ages.

Room Tip: We always ask for upper floor and away from elevator. Poor hotel planning put a room right next to...
3  Thank ClaireTravels

Great feedback! Thank you for taking the time out during your stay to post your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay despite the concerns you mentioned. Rest assured that I have passed your review on to our Management team in Sooke, as well as our Corporate Operations, for further review. We hope to welcome you back on your next visit to our seaside town. - Sonu Murphy

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sooke
Sooke Harbour House Resort Hotel
Black Rock Oceanfront Resort
Painter's Lodge
Painter's Lodge
#3 of 16 in Campbell River

Been to Prestige Oceanfront Resort, BW Premier Collection? Share your experiences!