“Great hotel and wonderful service”

Prestige Oceanfront Resort, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Sooke
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Really enjoyed our one night on the third floor.

Room, king bed, bathroom and the view were all 10/10.

A very impressive view as you enter their very large and well appointed lobby.

This is a hotel and area worth spending more time in.

Restaurant was open for breakfast and dinner for sure in May 2013.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a room with an ocean view. If you have good weather and time to sip a drink, ask for...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Oceanfront Resort, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Thank you for your compliments! Our team in Sooke is working hard to ensure that we exceed the expectations of our guests, and I am pleased to hear that you had a "10/10" experience. We look forward to having you stay with us again. - Sonu Murphy

Reviewed May 2, 2013

This is a relatively new hotel. Lobby area and the view are the nicest things about the hotel. Seems a bit much for Sooke.

the only issue we had is that there was nothing available to purcahse for breakfast on weekends. It is only open Mon-Fri.

Rooms are comfortable.

Room Tip: Don't feel that the harbour view was worth the extra $
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback Mojafor. Your review is very important to us and I will be sure to pass your comments on to our team in Sooke. I hope we will see you again on your next visit to the island. - Sonu Murphy

Reviewed April 12, 2013

A few things strike me about this hotel -- first are that it is completely out of place in Sooke. There are no places there over two storeys.. and then BOOM.. this place appears to your left and it sticks out like a sore thumb. Not sure how I feel about that - I do like the place. The second thing that is strange to me about it is that despite the beautiful style of architectural and the apparent effort they put into making this place look like it's from Hawaii or something, they stuck that big ugly BEST WESTERN sign on it. Bright freakin' yellow. Doesn't match at all.

ANYWAY.

We stay here whenever we go to Sooke, and generally get a discount through the BC Ferries Vacations pacakge. The beds are extremely comfortable, and last time we visited we had a balcony (even though it was overlooking the parking lot.) The bathroom floors are heated - and while I found it strange at first, I now appreciate the fact that the toilets are in a separate room than the shower. There's also a TV in the bathroom.

The food as regularly priced I felt (breakfast at least) and this hotel is central to anything you'd want to do in Sooke, given that Sooke is only a road long anyway.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Oceanfront Resort, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

Thank you for your compliments and observations. We value guest feedback and I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay, appreciated the amenities in your guest room and that the resort is your choice accommodation when in Sooke. We hope to welcome you back on your next visit!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I was coming primarily for business and my wife was coming to buy an Electric car. This was our first stay here and we were somewhat concerned by the distance from Victoria. What we found was a secluded gem by the Sea. The rooms were modern and spacious (high ceilings). We were travelling with our Son and pup and found a prepared doggie dish and bed for him. Everything was new and clean.
The location, solitude and relaxed environment totally took away any anxiety about being removed from the city hub. In fact it was a bonus.
The best news was that there was a charging station for our new car in the underground parking of this proporty.
We will be back (With our Electric Car)!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Your compliments and endorsement are truly appreciated! I am glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay and really enjoyed your stopover Sooke. It is just a one-of-a-kind destination with unique attractions and spectacular views! Congratulations on your new Electric car! We are working to support greening our environment and I am pleased to hear that you took advantage of the charging station featured in our underground parking lot. We look forward to welcoming you back with your new vehicle!

Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

A few weeks before our wedding, we needed a quite weekend away from the planning process. A short pleasant drive from Victoria along the west coast we decided to explore sooke. This hotel was very well priced and we selected it for its location. We were very pleased with the facilities and the recently reno'd room was very comfortable and stylish, vaulted ceiling and wonderful views. As always we had a dog with us and he too was very well cared for. The service was excellent, they meet our every request.
Ps. Sooke is gorgeous, lots of nearby hikes that make you think you've drives all the way up to Tofino.

• Stayed: February 2013

Thank you for choosing us for your pre-wedding getaway! I am pleased that you had such a great stay, and we exceeded your expectations in every way. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding, we hope to welcome you back as Mr. and Mrs. in the future. Best wishes from all of our team.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Having been inside this hotel while registering for the triathlon event held in Sooke every year and thinking that it looked like a good place to be, I took an opportunity to stay three nights. The lobby is spacious and beautiful. Because it was off-season, the atmosphere is quite sleepy but perhaps you might really like that sort of thing. Neither the lounge nor the coffee shop was open during the stay so I did not spend much time enjoying the space as I would have liked. However, there is a wonderful coffee spot just a few minutes away called The Stick in the Mud which I highly recommend. The room booked for the trip was one with two queen beds with a generous number of pillows. It was one of the most deep and comfortable sleeps I've enjoyed at a hotel, owing to the quiet surroundings (Though the road adjacent the hotel is a main road has light traffic) and roll-up blinds. The geek in me really appreciated the iPod/iPhone dock alarm clock. Nice touch. The bathroom is spacious and well equipped, including a full size hairdryer rather than those supremely noisy wall-mounted turbines that lesser places try to pass off for one :) Looking forward to the next visit here.

Room Tip: The south and west sides of the building have views out to the ocean.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
PrestigeHotels, Public Relations Manager at Prestige Oceanfront Resort, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Wow! We realize how important it is for you to get a good night’s rest when you are an athlete participating in the triathlon. Thank you for giving us a try! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit and had the opportunity to explore the town. There are some great little spots hidden in Sooke, and I am glad that you found one to your liking. I hope you have the opportunity to sample the treats in the coffee shop or lounge on your next visit. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I really enjoyed my visit to sooke, this Best Western facility is located in an absolutely beautiful area with an incredible view. I did not realize there was under
ground parking until I did a little exploring. The fitness center is very large and nicely organized, which also has a nice view of the outside open court area. Definitely is on my list to revisit.

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you for your wonderful recommendation! Sooke is such a unique destination with so many surprises, I am glad that you really enjoyed your visit. Our team will be pleased to welcome you back on your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sooke
Sooke Harbour House Resort Hotel
Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa
Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa
#1 of 4 in Central Saanich
Beach Club Resort - Bellstar Hotels & Resorts

Been to Prestige Oceanfront Resort, BW Premier Collection? Share your experiences!