“Fall Getaway - Exceeded Expectations”

Prestige Oceanfront Resort, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Sooke
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
“Fall Getaway - Exceeded Expectations”
Reviewed March 15, 2012

My wife and our two girls were looking for a unique weekend getaway. Heading to a small oceanside town like Sooke we wanted something unique and close to the water. This resort hotel was more than we ever expected. It is like a tropical retreat in the heart of the rugged Pacific Northwest. We had a beautiful ocean side room, and took advantage of the pool for the kids and took long walks along the ocean.

Traveling a lot for work, I always look for hotels that are not the standard bed, desk and small TV when on vacation. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a family friendly luxurious retreat. There are world class hiking trails, restaurants and views just minutes from your door - couldn't ask for more.

The staff was terrific, and the restaurant in the hotel was great. I would also recommend a morning latte in the cafe.

Room Tip: Waking up to the ocean view is a must.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Hebrew first
Port Alberni, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Our Bantam female hockey team made it to the playoffs in Sooke. I looked around at accommodation and found this beautiful property. At first I thought that it might be too price for our team - however that was not the case! Benjamin was able to offer us a group rate, as well as accommodate us day by day according to our standings in the playoffs. When we arrived, they had us in our rooms immediately with no waits! The girls were so excited to be staying in such a luxurious resort. All the staff were very pleasant and wished our team well in our games. The restaurant staff were also very accommodating in that they offerered our players a special rate on their buffet breakfast. I will definately be returning to this Resort! I highly recommend this property for the family getaway or a romatic weekend!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Oceanfront Resort, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
As a veteran hockey mom, it is very rewarding to hear your praises. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to Benjamin, his staff, and the restaurant staff. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed March 11, 2012

We had a Christmas break here between sets of company. It is a lovely hotel with beautiful views. The room was very nice with a lovely bathroom and it even has windows that open (a bit of a thing with me)!

If you want a Westcoast experience you can't beat this hotel. There are so many things to see and do in the surrounding area.

The restaurant has lovely decor and the staff are great. It is, however, a bit on the expensive side for what you get. They need to be a bit more general. For example ... my husband and I had French Onion Soup ($8+) and then you had to pay for a piece of french bread. Sometimes
the little things put you off.

Would I go back and recommend it to other people - YES!

Room Tip: The waterside would be well worth it as it is a lovely outlook.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Roberta6568
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed February 16, 2012

Everything you need for a weekend is at this hotel. The Mix by Ric's offers a delicious menu with plenty of wine pairings. Sunday brunch was filled with choices, but they also offer anything from their regular menu, especially if you know you can't resist a third or fourth trip up. "Sofia" was a good light breakfast stop. I recommend you try the Chai tea latte, it is made with infused tea and was so scrumptious. You can walk to Whiffin Spit or have a workout at the hotel with all the new fitness equipment. We did both and added a drive to Jordan River and Port Renfrew. I think the surf at Jordan River was as popular as that of Tofino. The roar of the water in Port Renfrew is incredible to hear! We finished our stay with a visit to the hotel spa. Cherry and Sam are both skilled and able to ensure you leave relaxed. The Prestige Resort is a destination location!

Room Tip: The penthouse level rooms have a deck for you to enjoy morning coffee and the tranquil scenery.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your compliments. It is very rewarding to know that we have been a part of a great weekend away on Vancouver Island.
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed February 6, 2012

The hotel is beautiful from the entrance lobby, to the rooms, the spectacular ocean views. My husband and I stayed here on New Years Eve and enjoyed their Casino Night New Years Eve Party. The food provided by Ric's Bar and Grill was AMAZING!! We ate the breakfast brunch buffet there again in the morning and it might have been my favorite part. Again the food was the best but the spectacular 180degree views of the ocean and inlet were breathtaking! The gazebo on the grounds looks like an idyllic place to exchange wedding vows. The most luxurious stay in Sooke.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Novarae
Port Moody, Canada
Reviewed February 2, 2012

I travel on business, and use reward group hotels frequently. This hotel is a new property, located in Sooke ( near Langford) on the ocean.

I booked through Best Western Online - the rate was $89 off season for a fabulous room: spacious - well furnished. Everything in the room was new and of a high standard.

Staff are friendly and very professional and well trained. Outstanding service and help.

There are all sorts of facilities for business / excercise etc, and a restaurant ( which I did not have time to visit)

This is the equivalent of a 4+ star property regardless of hotel group.

Look the property up online to see more information.

I understand that they are adding a marina, with boat rentals etc sometime in the next year.

For a personal travel stay, I would definitely want to stay in the nicer Spring or summer weather.

Best place in my opinion on this end of the Island. A little out of the way from Victoria ( about 30 minutes drive) but worth it!

Room Tip: Sorry - I have only stayed three times so far - I had a King room with a view each time. every room...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Oceanfront Resort, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, February 14, 2012
Thank you for your compliments. We are always striving to provide superior service and quality amenities to our guests. We look forward to greeting you on your next visit to Vancouver Island.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed January 10, 2012

This hotel definitely deserves the Premier rating! I stayed there on Christmas day for my wife and my birthday/christmas getaway (we are christmas children...)

The outer appearance of the hotel reminded me of the Moana Surfrider in Waikiki, whether this is intended or not, it is a beautiful building! The staff at check in was accommodating, but the best part was the spacious room, the balcony with a stunning view and the huge bathroom (that was much bigger than in any other hotel i have stayed at before).

We went for dinner in the restaurant on Christmas day. The service was just excellent and the food very delicious. We passed it on to our relatives that live in the area and they went there just recently. It is nice to see how this kind of experience and good word of mouth brings in more business.This place definitely deserves it!

After dinner, we went to the heated indoor pool and the hot tub, which we always love when hotels provide such a thing!

All in all, this hotel deserves its Premier rating in any aspect! I'm glad that we have found a spot for futures getaways like this!

Room Tip: king room oceanview
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Oceanfront Resort, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, January 17, 2012
It is very rewarding to hear such glowing compliments. Thank you very much. I am so pleased your stay was enjoyable. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to our team and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next getaway to Sooke.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sooke
Oak Bay Beach Hotel
Ocean Wilderness Inn
#3 of 24 in Sooke
Victoria West
Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort

Been to Prestige Oceanfront Resort, BW Premier Collection? Share your experiences!