“What a treasure!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sooke
Point-No-Point Resort
Ranked #1 of 19 Specialty Lodging in Sooke
Reviewed October 11, 2005

My husband and I stayed at Point No Point this year for our annual "escape the kids!" long weekend. I'd heard about it in Frommer's, as well as checked the website, and was excited about staying in a little cabin right on the water. It was fabulous! We checked in and stayed in cabin #15, which was a cozy one-room cabin with a fireplace, kitchenette, and large windows and a deck that looked right out on the water. The waves were soothing at night as they crashed on the rocks below. During the day, we walked the trails and sat on the beach, watching seals, sea lions, and bald eagles go by. The people were all very friendly, and the service was outstanding. The restaurant is not to be missed, either! The views from the tables were stunning, and the food was amazing. I would definitely stay here again. It was very relaxing and first-class.

• Stayed: September 2005
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Duncan, BC
Reviewed July 11, 2005

We stayed there with my sister and her husband. What a relaxing time. We went hiking, sat on the deck, and then the fog set it, it was something from a movie, just beautiful. We had so much fun we are hoping to go this year.

• Stayed: August 2004
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 11, 2005

We recently stayed at Point No Point for 2 fabulous nights and would definitely return! Cottage 11 was ideal for my husband and me, our 15 year old daughter and 85 year old grandpa. The panoramic view and cozy fireplace kept grandpa happy during the day while we hiked the beautiful trails and had a ball climbing the rocks and looking for shells on the beach. The kitchen was equipped with everything we needed to make gourmet meals and the Sooke grocery store nearby was excellent for picking up ingredients. The furniture and decor was very comfortable----wilderness cabin feel but high quality. We had been told by friends to be sure to visit China Beach 15 minutes away from PNP. While the cathedral forest that bordered the beach was exquisite, the actual beach paled in comparison to the one at PNP. Initially I had worried about being so cut off from the world----ie. no TV, no radio and no newspapers----but it was just what we needed. We will definitely return to Point No Point in the future. The only thing I wish PNP had was email so it would be easier to book our next reservation!

• Stayed: June 2005
4  Thank Arundelite123
Seattle Washington
Reviewed January 22, 2005

I just checked out of the Orca cabin and let me tell you it was amazing. Knowing it was the stormy season we came out for some storm watching, the private hot tub and the amazing food. I don't think I have ever had a dinner such as that. The beef is wonderful! The view was spectacular and the room was very clean. Everyone I interacted with who worked at the resort were smiley and helpful, I hope to return every year. As for the previous entery "nice but noisy" I dont know how they could possibly complain, I guess some people are just difficult.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Victoria
Reviewed January 17, 2005

This was our first and will be the only stay to Point No Point. When we booked our reservation to stay for the weekend we were offered Cabin #5; we were told it was in a lower portion of a house. We specifaically asked if this was a quiet room, and were assured it was. If you are planning to have a quiet stay....DO NOT book into this house. It sounds like elephants walking all around you. We were woken up both nights at 2 o'clock in the morning by the people upstairs walking around and running the jacuzzi. Sound really travels here.

We read over the hotel book that covered the spa, restaurant times, and meals. I would add a few things in to this book for future guests. When we tried out the tub on the deck the switch was over by the sliding door. Most people would think that this was the light for the patio. Also my boyfriend had to drive over to the front desk on the second night to find out were the wood was delivered for the woodstove. We were told its in a cubbyhole by the bathroom. This would have been useful if we were told this at check in. The book in the room only states that the wood is delivered between 3- 5 pm.

I accidentally left my purse in the tearoom on Saturday. I was in a big panic the next day when I couldn't find it. When I inquired at the front desk at check out I was told no purses were turned in. I scanned their desk and found it sitting on the top shelf. The front desk girl told me she thought it was a camera case. I felt that because we signed over our bill to our room on Saturday, they could have made a bit more of an effort to try to bring the purse back to me, or at least look inside at my drivers licence.

There was no where to hang your towels. We were given 4 towels and 2 robes. We had to drap our towels over the railings in the kitchen. Please consider putting up at least a towel bar for the hand towel. It sits in a wet lump by the sink. There are 2 hooks outside on the balcony, but it is winter out. And there are 4 hangers in the closet used up by our winter jackets and sweaters.

When we checked out we mentioned about the noise. All the front desk girl said was really, really. A nice apology might have made things a bit better. I asked for a comment card, and she told me they were in the rooms. Sadly they were not. We did look. She did offer me a small piece of white paper and told me she'd pass it along. I have a feeling my message wouldn't be heard.

On a nice note the view is nice here, and the rooms are really clean.

24  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Astoria, OR
Reviewed November 29, 2004

The most romantic vacation spot I have ever visited. My boyfriend took me to this resort for my 50th birthday in April. The view from our private cabin and deck was spectacular. The view from our hot tub equally stunning. The log cabin feel with all the modern necessities including a great shower, cotton terrycloth robes, a fireplace, and kitchenette (not to mention the very comfortable bed) made me feel like the rich and famous. The privacy was good enough for a honeymoon. The grounds were lovely as well with many secluded park benches to watch the water and the wildlife. I highly recommend the Point-No-Point resort for a romantic get-away and hope I can afford to go back some day.

The restaurant did not deserve my full praise, however. I found it pretentious and over priced with the food just average.

Stay here, but dine elsewhere.

15  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Seattle, WA
Reviewed November 23, 2004

My husband and I stayed here in April 2003. He proposed to me at Point-No-Point in our wonderful cabin after a very tasty meal at the restaurant. We stayed in the Otter cabin and every morning we were greeted by curious raccoons below our deck. We also saw an otter, eagles, hummingbirds, and several other bird species. I certainly appreciated the binoculars provided in the room. We also hiked down to all the beaches on the property. The room was great, the bed comfortable, bathroom was good sized with a large shower and huge tub, we enjoyed making fires at night with the wood provided every day by the staff. I would choose a cabin closer to the ocean next time as I would have liked to hear the ocean at night when falling asleep. Be sure to bring plenty of food with you as there isn’t much around unless you eat at the restaurant or drive for a ways. All in all, we had a great stay and plan to come back!

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sooke
Prestige Oceanfront Resort, BW Premier Collection
#7 of 24 in Sooke
Wild Renfrew Seaside Cottages
Wild Renfrew Seaside Cottages
#1 of 8 in Port Renfrew

Been to Point-No-Point Resort? Share your experiences!