I can't say enough good things about our stay at Sooke Harbor House. First, we tried to book a room a bit late, our email sent to book a room was not received - the desk was great and let us know immediately (later that day) when a cancellation was available. We chose this Inn to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. It was a great place to do so. The service was incredible (including arranging for the kitchen to make us some sandwiches for lunch when they don't usually serve lunch other than the box lunches that come with the room!). Our room was spacious and comfortable with a wonderful soaking tub and view of the water. We stayed in Room 19, Passion Flower. Now, OK, the "gate" over the bed is a bit over the top and silly, but ah well, I usually don't rate a room on the art work!!
We had a wonderful meal in the restaurant. We have eaten at nice restaurants all around the world. While this restaurant is certainly not inexpensive, I would argue that the quality compares with the best places that I've been, and it presents a value in its class. The service was astute but not overpowering; the sommolier was very perceptive and knowledgeable. The food was tasty, interesting and exciting to eat. That is what I enjoy in a meal.
I can't recommend this place more. For our special occassion, it was nearly flawless.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sooke Harbour House Resort Hotel is located on Southern Vancouver Island overlooking the Pacific Ocean and Olympic Mountains, and has direct beach access to Whiffin Spit on the Juan de Fuca Strait. Our unique 28 rooms feature a selection of fine amenities including spa tubs and steam showers. All of the guest rooms have wood-burning fireplaces and ocean views, with the exception of the very spacious family room which overlooks our garden area. The internationally award-winning fine -dining restaurant serves organic, seasonal, Canadian cuisine, specializing in wild seafood, mushrooms, herbs, and flowers from its organic gardens. We offer meeting facilities, spa services, recreational activities and eco-tourism in pristine wilderness. Whale watching can be enjoyed within walking distance, and on occasion the Orcas swim in front of the hotel! The Sooke Harbour House is a perfect destination for weddings, romantic holidays and an 'any season getaway'. In 2016 all 28 guest rooms were sympathetically renovated with new carpets, beds, luxury linens and 40 inch flat screens with cable tv. In September 2016 we opened our wonderful new Copper Room, featuring a large selection of Island produced craft beers, wines and spirits as well as international favourites. The Copper Room is open from 11:00am to 9:00pm year-round daily, serving a more casual menu of wholesome and hearty foods as an alternative to our fine dining. *** Please note: From 18th October until May 31st our fine-dining restaurant is closed every Tuesday and Wednesday. It is open for dinner Thursday to Monday from 5.30pm to 9.00pm. Throughout the high season the fine dining restaurant is open 7 days a week for dinner. The Copper Room is open daily serving food and beverages making Sooke Harbour House a full service resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Expedia, Otel, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Sooke Harbour House Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sooke Harbour House Hotel Sooke
- Sooke Harbour Hotel
- Sooke Harbour House Resort Hotel Vancouver Island