All reviews copper room dining room cookies wood burning fireplace wine pairing outdoor tub bucket list complimentary port mermaid room fine dining emily carr art gallery for sale one of a kind course meal vancouver island first nations
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

I loved the old fashioned vibe from the host taking us to our room, to regular old everyday keys, to CD player and binoculars in the room. The port and cookies were a lovely touch. The shower with the glass wall so you can enjoy the view was very cool. That was just the room. The meal!! Out of this world! We only stayed one night but will return in the winter for a night stay complete with the 7 course chef’s choice meal.

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed August 27, 2018

It too a bit of discussion before we got the room we were promised but perseverance won the day. We had a lovely comfortable room but I must say, sink and shower at one end and toilet and sink at the other was a bit awkward. Makeup lighting was very poor. With the raised sleeping area, my hubby managed to fall into the hall to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

We had one dinner experience. The food was delicious and nicely presented but a bit skimpy and over priced. The next night the menu had many of the same dishes so we opted for a small meal in the bar. It’s a great location for a quiet getaway and we will return.

it is quite expensive.

Room tip: Best rooms are on the second floor. The views are better and nobody walks in front. I think 12 and 24 are ones we would choose.
Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed August 27, 2018

We spent the night to celebrate my husband turning 70 this past week. I had mentioned when making reservations that this was the occasion we were celebrating. We arrived to find a birthday card from the staff and truffles to mark the occasion in our room. Also at dinner we did not order dessert but a plate was brought out with a birthday notation and two small treats for us. We really appreciated these gestures.

We stayed in Room 25 on the top floor. It was lovely. There was complimentary port wine and chocolate cookies. We did not try the infrared sauna just outside our door (maybe next time). The steam room/rain shower was very nice.

Dinner in the dining room was very lovely. It looked like the Copper Room would be a more casual, cozy place to eat another time.

Heather, at the front desk, was most welcoming upon our arrival and showed us to our room and explained everything. When we were leaving she remembered our reason for being there and once again wished my husband a happy birthday. Thank you, Heather, for your attention to detail and warm welcome!

We would recommend the resort and our room to anyone thinking of a wonderful, relaxing night away. Could have stayed longer!!

Reviewed August 22, 2018 via mobile

Found the resort very nice but. My room furniture was very tired. TV did not swing away from wall so you could not watch it from bed and the couch was so uncomfortable. I realize no one stays indoors but if the weather was not good

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

Rooms are big, with great views and comfortable beds. Food is delicious, not cheap but tasty. Has a great garden and lots of parking spaces.
A great place to retreat and enjoy the silence. Would love to come back.

Date of stay: August 2018