Strongly advise not to stay here! First, you probably thinkiwith all the fabulous reviews, we are the ones with some issue....usually that is what I think when I see many good reviews and then the few outliers. We were duped by positive feedback on the internet and were supremely disappointed. For the price (minimum $299), we expected a delightful boutique hotel. Upon driving up, however, we were greeted by decaying lawn "art", a lawn and planters overgrown with weeds, and a rotting balcony covered in cobwebs. In fact, the balcony was so rotten that we were concerned about walking on it. Additionally, we have numerous examples of management's severe lack of attention to detail. One of the hotel descriptions talked about touring the gardens on site. Yes, it is off season, but there is really nothing to tour, in any season.
These are certainly not the signs of a boutique hotel commanding a premium rate. We would have been very disappointed if the room was half the price. We made our concerns known to the staff upon check out and were told our feedback would be passed along to the owner. He hasn't called or emailed, another sign of the lack of interest. At one time, Sooke Harbor House was probably that charming boutique hotel, but those days are in the very distant past.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sooke Harbour House Resort Hotel is located on Southern Vancouver Island overlooking the Pacific Ocean and Olympic Mountains, and has direct beach access to Whiffin Spit on the Juan de Fuca Strait. Our unique 28 rooms feature a selection of fine amenities including spa tubs and steam showers. All of the guest rooms have wood-burning fireplaces and ocean views, with the exception of the very spacious family room which overlooks our garden area. The internationally award-winning fine -dining restaurant serves organic, seasonal, Canadian cuisine, specializing in wild seafood, mushrooms, herbs, and flowers from its organic gardens. We offer meeting facilities, spa services, recreational activities and eco-tourism in pristine wilderness. Whale watching can be enjoyed within walking distance, and on occasion the Orcas swim in front of the hotel! The Sooke Harbour House is a perfect destination for weddings, romantic holidays and an 'any season getaway'. In 2016 all 28 guest rooms were sympathetically renovated with new carpets, beds, luxury linens and 40 inch flat screens with cable tv. In September 2016 we opened our wonderful new Copper Room, featuring a large selection of Island produced craft beers, wines and spirits as well as international favourites. The Copper Room is open from 11:00am to 9:00pm year-round daily, serving a more casual menu of wholesome and hearty foods as an alternative to our fine dining. *** Please note: From 18th October until May 31st our fine-dining restaurant is closed every Tuesday and Wednesday. It is open for dinner Thursday to Monday from 5.30pm to 9.00pm. Throughout the high season the fine dining restaurant is open 7 days a week for dinner. The Copper Room is open daily serving food and beverages making Sooke Harbour House a full service resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Sooke Harbour House Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sooke Harbour House Hotel Sooke
- Sooke Harbour Hotel
- Sooke Harbour House Resort Hotel Vancouver Island