My wife and I recently went on a roadtrip from San Francisco back up, home to Vancouver, Canada - something we've long wanted to do but never got around to. Beautiful trip, saw great places, but weren't quite "done" when we were getting close to home (Vancouver), so we decided to put the icing on the cake by ending our trip with a short trip to Vancouver Island, to visit Sooke Harbour House. Boy, did we ever save the best for last...! The Sooke Harbour House really is a very rare treat, that actually puts meaning into the now much overused phrase "boutique hotel". This 28-room "inn" is truly boutique: unique in its design, decor, art-filled public and private rooms and hallways, library, giftshop, gallery, and last but certainly not least - the amazing edible gardens that surround the hotel. Views that take your breath away; strait of Juan de Fuca at your feet, Olympic mountains in the background, East Sooke's forrests to the side, ocean wildlife abound. The food is stunning, both for dinner and breakfast (complimentary gourmet bf served in-room). Since we were wanting to close our roadtrip with a big bang before going back to work, we pulled out all the stops, including an extensive gastronomic dinner menu that lets the chef decide on the countless courses served, excellent wine pairing (the fist-thick winelist, with Wine Spectator grand award status for many years, featured all the wineries we just visited in California wine country, and anything else from any good winery around the globe you could think of!), and we even got a spa session organized in the privacy of our room in the morning. So much nicer than wandering the hallways in your robe to the spa! We were sad to leave, but happy to know that the best part of our trip was the closest one to home - we'll just have to visit more often (and longer), and save on all that driving down to California! What a delight to have Sooke Harbour House in our proverbial back-yard!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sooke Harbour House Resort Hotel is located on Southern Vancouver Island overlooking the Pacific Ocean and Olympic Mountains, and has direct beach access to Whiffin Spit on the Juan de Fuca Strait. Our unique 28 rooms feature a selection of fine amenities including spa tubs and steam showers. All of the guest rooms have wood-burning fireplaces and ocean views, with the exception of the very spacious family room which overlooks our garden area. The internationally award-winning fine -dining restaurant serves organic, seasonal, Canadian cuisine, specializing in wild seafood, mushrooms, herbs, and flowers from its organic gardens. We offer meeting facilities, spa services, recreational activities and eco-tourism in pristine wilderness. Whale watching can be enjoyed within walking distance, and on occasion the Orcas swim in front of the hotel! The Sooke Harbour House is a perfect destination for weddings, romantic holidays and an 'any season getaway'. In 2016 all 28 guest rooms were sympatheically renovated with new carpets, beds, luxury linens and 40 inch flat screens with cable tv. In September 2016 we opened our wonderful new Copper Room, featuring a large selection of Island produced craft beers, wines and spirits as well as international favourites. The Copper Room is open from 11:00am to 9:00pm year-round daily, serving a more casual menu of wholesome and hearty foods as an alternative to our fine dining. *** Please note: From 18th October until Spring our fine-dining restaurant is closed every Tuesday and Wednesday. It is open for dinner Thursday to Monday from 5.30pm to 9.00pm. The Copper Room is open daily making Sooke Harbour House a full service resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Sooke Harbour House Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sooke Harbour House Hotel Sooke
- Sooke Harbour Hotel
- Sooke Harbour House Resort Hotel Vancouver Island