“Sure Bet”

Restaurant les Zebres
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is one of the best (if not the best) restaurant in the Laurentians. The food, ambiance, and service are nearly perfection. Sincerely, you get better food at Les Zebres than anywhere else around, including Tremblant, Ste-Adele and St-Sauveur. We did the 250 km return-trip to have dinner there and it was worth it. Every single item we tried on the menu was fantastic, perfectly cooked and the flavors were nicely mixed in each and every plate. This is a must try if you're in the area and a perfect place for a dinner after a daily trip in the 819. The server/owner has a dry sens of humor, which works with the type of ambiance he's creating in his place. I have no negative comment at all... Enjoy!

1  Thank oli-business

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Been there on a Saturday road trip with my girlfriend. We drop by with no reservation and there was no problem to get a table. We were not rush to go even if the restaurant was fully booked for the night. The service was very good and the food also. It's french cuisine with local product. The best value is the "Table d'hôte". A fourth course menu that you create yourself from the A la carte menu. They also have a great selection of wine. Maybe one of the best table in the Laurentide.

2  Thank Ben_Stp
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I really wanted to like this place. We were "greeted" by a man who stood there with hangers, presumably to hang our coats, kind of staring at us expectantly and I felt very awkward that he didn't actually say anything...a very uncomfortable beginning. The waitress was warmer, the ambiance in the dining room was good and I began to relax when she brought me a delicious Syrah ($12 per glass). My salad and soup were absolutely delicious - top notch flavors and presentation. I was looking forward to my main but then my steak came lukewarm and I was disappointed with the generic potato wedges and asparagus which accompanied it (the same sides my partner got with his duck). The desserts were also uninspiring and seemed to have been in the refrigerator for a few days. Although we did manage to enjoy our experience (it is a nice looking place), I felt it could have easily been improved with a little more creativity in the sides. Also, the rather high price did not reflect the actual quality of the food. I appreciate what they are trying to do but sadly...they fall short.

1  Thank jojodancer987
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Just moved in the little Val-David town and started trying the Restaurants...I am so glad Les Zebres are so close by to our house. We really dont need to go far to have excellent service and top quality food and wine. We had the stake and it was melting in the mouth...cant wait to go back!

1  Thank Carolina M
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We order tapas, (The best one was the prosciutto made with duck) and filet mignon, everything was delicious. The menu is original, ant the athmosphere is romantic and very relax. The menu changes every week (At least in summer, I don't know in winter)

2  Thank Cocoababy