“Best restaurant in Val-David”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Restaurant les Zebres - CLOSED

Restaurant les Zebres
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Montreal, Canada
“Best restaurant in Val-David”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

Been there on a Saturday road trip with my girlfriend. We drop by with no reservation and there was no problem to get a table. We were not rush to go even if the restaurant was fully booked for the night. The service was very good and the food also. It's french cuisine with local product. The best value is the "Table d'hôte". A fourth course menu that you create yourself from the A la carte menu. They also have a great selection of wine. Maybe one of the best table in the Laurentide.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Ben_Stp

Montreal, Canada
“Nice try”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

I really wanted to like this place. We were "greeted" by a man who stood there with hangers, presumably to hang our coats, kind of staring at us expectantly and I felt very awkward that he didn't actually say anything...a very uncomfortable beginning. The waitress was warmer, the ambiance in the dining room was good and I began to relax when she brought me a delicious Syrah ($12 per glass). My salad and soup were absolutely delicious - top notch flavors and presentation. I was looking forward to my main but then my steak came lukewarm and I was disappointed with the generic potato wedges and asparagus which accompanied it (the same sides my partner got with his duck). The desserts were also uninspiring and seemed to have been in the refrigerator for a few days. Although we did manage to enjoy our experience (it is a nice looking place), I felt it could have easily been improved with a little more creativity in the sides. Also, the rather high price did not reflect the actual quality of the food. I appreciate what they are trying to do but sadly...they fall short.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank jojodancer987
Val David, Canada
“Best yet in Val-David!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

Just moved in the little Val-David town and started trying the Restaurants...I am so glad Les Zebres are so close by to our house. We really dont need to go far to have excellent service and top quality food and wine. We had the stake and it was melting in the mouth...cant wait to go back!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Carolina M
Canadá
“Modern and chic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

We order tapas, (The best one was the prosciutto made with duck) and filet mignon, everything was delicious. The menu is original, ant the athmosphere is romantic and very relax. The menu changes every week (At least in summer, I don't know in winter)

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Cocoababy
Toronto GTA ON
“good and quite romantic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

dishes were good and well presented.
summer patio is a pleasant place to eat and
people watch in the cooler mountain air

Visited July 2012