“excellent small plates”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Highland Mills, New York
“excellent small plates”
Reviewed February 22, 2012

arrived late after long day of travel, staff welcomed us, relaxing atmosphere and delicious food.

Visited March 2011
1 Thank draftxng

Montreal, Canada
“Very nice evening”
Reviewed January 31, 2012

It was our second experience at Les Zebres.
Busy with some groups celebrating birthdays.
Everyone at our table enjoyed their meal.
I took the foie gras as appetizer. Very generous portion, very tasty and well prepared.
As a second I took the linguini with clams and pancetta. Perfectly done.
My friends selected the daily soup (roots) and enjoyed it very much.
Two friends selected the salmon and found it slightly over cooked but nicely prepared. My other friend took the grilled calf liver and said it was very good.
Our pudding with whisky sauce was also very good.
The co-owner came to our table a few times and ensure that everything was fine.
We shall be back.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank Guillaumeleconqueran
Mont-Tremblant
“Geat find!”
Reviewed September 11, 2011

We found this place because a lot of my friends either eard good things or went and enjoyed great french cuisine there.

They were'nt wrong. It's worth the trip. Eventough some could find the paper menu unatractive, the fact that there's not many choices makes you choose quickly!

You go there for; trying new things, let them direct you on the whole menu. Desserts were a little small in portion, but very good in deed.

A great find in Val-David (not too far from the highway) A must do a some point...for all foodies.

• Visited August 2011
2 Thank fredlebrasseur
Morin Heights, Canada
“This visit tipped the balance...”
Reviewed June 24, 2011

It was a Thursday evening and we were one of five tables. The service was excellent, but, the service has never been an issue here. I had some chicken spring rolls for starters and the combination of sweet and salty was right on. My wife's starter included two thick slices of goat cheese that were encrusted with a light pastry dough which she found delightful. Both were served with a salad which were very different from each other and added to the visual effect as well as rounding out the flavours.
Main course was three large scallops for me and the daily catch for my wife which was a large piece of daurade garnished with a pistachio pesto. We both had the basmati rice which had lots of almond slices and dried tomato. Did I mention the scallops were cooked to perfection?
I'm not a big fan of desserts, but I do have a soft spot when it comes to chocolate, especially the dark. The texture was a cross between a brownie and a mousse and before I knew it, yep, all gone.
So, yes, we'll be back.

• Visited June 2011
3 Thank 4puttee
Morin Heights, Canada
“Very welcoming but after three visits, I'm still ambivalent.”
Reviewed March 18, 2011

The menu changes often and my wife and I have tried something different every time. Our first visit was with friends and all four of us enjoyed the food. Nicely presented and very flavorful. On the last two occasions, we found that some of the spices used were fighting each other. The portions are ok. The desert menu lacks imagination. Service has been excellent on all three visits. The lack of sound absorbing material makes this place somewhat noisy.

• Visited March 2011