“Avoid, avoid, avoid!!! A eviter a tout prix!!!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Restaurant Dolce Vita
Ranked #23 of 42 Restaurants in Val David
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Vermont
“Avoid, avoid, avoid!!! A eviter a tout prix!!!”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We had dinner (if you can call it diner) in July 2013. The food was horrible and expensive, the owner has no idea on what it means service. The worst experience in a long, long time for us....

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank BlonieVermont

Canada
“Welcoming, cozy and a lovely fireplace”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Had dinner here and what a treat. No loud music. A warm welcome and lovely well prepared food. The owner has had the restaurant for 30 years and know his business. He is charming and knows how to treat his customers. Superb meal. I'll be back. Be prepared for amazing desserts that are irresistable.

Visited October 2012
Waterloo, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful atmosphere, great prices, delicious food”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

My husband, daughter (now 20), and I discovered this place in February 2011 (btw, we are English-speaking and from Ontario). My daughter was having a challenging first year of university, and this place was soothing to our souls. We enjoyed the stone wood-burning fire. We ordered a 3 or 4 course meals that were inexpensive, quaint, and delicious. We didn't bring or order wine, and weren't made to feel uncomfortable because we weren't drinking. Now, we are excited to be going back there again next week, and this time we are bringing my son (18), as well. Thank you, Dolce Vita...wish you were here in Waterloo! See you soon!

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Deb H
Val David
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“evenly refreshing”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I have been going to that restaurant for many years at least 8-10 per year and more and was treated like a king by the staff and the owners all the time.I disagree with some of the review especially the one young lady that says that the food is terrible and that the cezar dressing is Kraft.with comments like that I can understand why the owners get upset. I had the opportunity to visit their kitchen i definitely know that everything is homemade and prepared daily . The place is also so clean that if they had no available table I would accept eating on the corner of the kitchen table. A little advice for this young lady dont be a diva and respect people then they will respect you in return.

• Visited August 2011
“Great place at your own pace !”
Reviewed July 17, 2011

We are there on a weekly basis. The comments with others i disagree
The owner want peacefull guess and when so he will give you royal service
Food is very good at all time and not pricy
You fell dolce vita when you go,especially you can bring your own wine
Try it you ll see how friendly the staff is

P&S