“Great Motel!”
Review of Parkway Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wawa
Parkway Motel
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Wawa
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Excellent stay at the Parkway Motel! We will recommend it to all our family and friends! Check in was fast and friendly and when the owners learned it was our anniversary, we were surprised with a beautiful bottle of wine in our room! Our room was so charming and exceptionally clean! Tastefully decorated as well. LOVED IT! We'll be back!

Room Tip: Although the motel was fully booked, we heard no noise from other guests! Very clean and quiet!

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I reserved a pet friendly room in this motel over the phone. I spoke with the male prop. While I realize there could have been miscommunication, when I arrived at 7 pm on Saturday night on a long weekend the man said he DID NOT say there was a pet friendly room available for me. They had my reservation written down and my credit card number so there was no question they made the reservation. They were very mean and angry that I accused them of saying it was a pet friendly room. I am a woman traveling on my own with my dog and end up in Wawa with nowhere to go. These people were very uncaring and inconsiderate of my situation.
Luckily I found an even better hotel in the area. I will never stay at this motel and I will tell everyone I know not to as well. Nasty!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Sharon R
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Arrived at hotel - checked in no problems -- helpful with restaurant suggestions - had copies of various menus from restaurants in town - most helpful -- Room was the family room -- two double beds. Room was clean and fine -- the door to the washroom though was a pocket door and woudl stick -- had to leave the bathroom door open enough so your foot could open door from the bottom. Beds were a little firm so if you like firm beds you would have a decent sleep -- Price for three people was a little more than one would expect with no breakfast. All in all was ok place to stay --

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

First of all lets remember you are in Wawa, Ont
The service others mentioned really wasn't visible at any time while here.
As well when I booked it a long time ago I remembered that the room had an attached hot tub. I looked on site and didn't see it. When we got in room there was a door to the back to a deck to a hot tub..I went up front to ask and the guy just said it was private now cause of problems keeping it clean (understandable) and he said the old owners used to have it with room but not anymore. I still have a feeling I paid more back then for it but not getting it now. There were also weird stains on wall and no counter in bathroom to put things on. There is no AC but a ceiling fan...it's te smallest you can get on market. I would think if you have no AC in summer that you'd have a bigger fan to push air around.
That all being said it is probably one of the nicest places to stay here. We ventured into town and it's pretty much run down and nothing there
This is a great option compared to town

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Have stayed at this motel a number of times over the last couple of years on the way to visit friends in Thunder Bay and have always been very satisfied with the rooms. Very clean, inviting, comfortable beds, good location. And although we have not used it, there is a nice area in front with a barbecue. So for this year's trip to Thunder Bay we decided to book here again (very easy via the internet). We were not disappointed, it was as good as before. The only thing that was even better this time was the wifi: very fast and great reception. Will stay here again on the way home!

Reviewed August 27, 2013

- We travelled from Moose Jaw, SK and was planning on stopping in Kenora or Dryden, everything was booked up so we ended up driving through the night (24 hrs straight) and arrived in Wawa at 7:30 in the morning. We were lucky enough that Parkway motel had one room left that was also pet friendly. We told them our situation and they were extremely professional and accommodating and allowed us to check in at 10 am (the previous guest had luckily checked out early). There was a 15 dollar charge for each of our two dogs so the price came to 134.47 taxes included (also with a CAA discount) which was more than reasonable especially considering we were checking in 5 hours early. I was extremely grateful for the hospitality
- The room is immaculate, not a speck of dust of stray hair found. The carpets were clean enough I didn’t feel the need to wear shoes around the room.
- The shower is spotless and the water pressure is amazing the bathtub is spacious and nice for a relaxing bath. Towels are fluffy and softer than any other motel we’ve stayed in so far.
- The bathroom layout was nice as well there was a door separating the bathtub/shower and toilet from the sink so we were able put the dogs’ food bowls in the corner of the sink area.
- There’s a ceiling fan that is very quiet and cools down the room to a comfortable temperature.
- There was a DVD player in our room and a selection of DVD’s in the office, which I’m assuming are for guests to borrow. There were also a good number of novels in the room instead of just a bible – I thought this was a very nice touch, when people travel and finish reading their book they can read a book there! (They even put a little note saying you are welcome to take the book in exchange for a tip so they can purchase a new book from the second hand store – they’ve thought of everything!)
- The Internet is very fast – a lot faster than any other place we’ve stayed in so far!
- Despite being right on the highway the location was extremely quiet and let us have a good nights rest.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Stayed here July 31 2013,the first night of a drive to BC. We were very happy with our choice. The room was spotless and did not lack a thing. The entire property was well cared for. The location is right on the highway but is well back from any noise. It is a couple of minutes drive into town. We would sray here again.

Room Tip: Book early as the full sign was out as we went to dinner.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple