“Absolutely one of the most beautiful places in the world”
Review of Camp Anjigami

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wawa
Camp Anjigami
Ranked #1 of 7 Specialty Lodging in Wawa
Detroit, Michigan
“Absolutely one of the most beautiful places in the world”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

The title of this review says it all....if you have never been to Gods Country than you need to visit this wonderful camp.
Craig and Linda treat you like family and have one of the best maintained fishing lodges I have ever been to. The camp is clean, newly renovated and spacious.
All cabins, bunk house, mess hall and main lodge are clean and fully stocked with every need. The grounds, beach area, and boat docks are all well maintained.
Every year that we visit Camp Anjigami I hate going home and anticipate the next visit as soon as we leave.
This camp is a must see. Once, will not be enough and you will always want to go back.
Craig and Linda, thanks for everything you do and you have one of the best jobs ever!
Marty Hembrough

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Hembrough1803
Linda W, Owner at Camp Anjigami, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Truly appreciate your taking the time to rate us, and to give such a superb recommendations! I've said it many times but it is so true...our guests make it easy for us to strive to give the best service and accommodations. We want our guests to be happy, and they in turn keep coming back! Thank you so much, Marty & Nan!

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Evart, Michigan
Reviewed June 11, 2012

When I'm looking to get away from it all, Camp Anjigami is the first place I think of. I've been coming with 3 different groups every year for the past 10 years including a trip with my 3 sons, with friends from college and a retreat for supporters of our non profit. Everytime the experience has been great. Craig and Linda are excellent hosts and continue to make Camp Anjigami a better place each year.

It has about anything a person would want to do out in God's creation - hunting, fishing, mountain biking, boating, hiking, or just and sitting reading a book. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Michael P
Linda W, Owner at Camp Anjigami, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Craig and I are so appreciative of your patronage, your friendship, and all that you do to promote our little "peace" of heaven here in northern Ontario. Cannot believe we've known you for ten years now, and have watched your kids grow like rabbits. Two in college already--hard to believe how very fast time flies! Thank you again, and it has been our pleasure to get to know your family, friends and associates you bring up each year.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Camp Anjigami has become one of my favorite destinations in the world. Four years ago, my girlfriend and I took our first trip to this northern paradise and we’ve been back every year since! Two years ago was a very special trip for us. I proposed to her on top of the cliff that overlooks the main camp while her sister, brother-in-law, and the owners, Craig and Linda all took pictures. It was an absolutely amazing trip that we’ll all remember for the rest of our lives. One year later, we spent our honeymoon at the Lake Tik Outpost. This was another amazing trip that I recommend for any adventurous honeymooners. The comfortable cabin was set in one of the most peaceful and beautiful places I’ve ever been. My first fish was a 40” Northern Pike that looked like a shark coming in! From then on we caught numerous pike, walleye, and even a lake trout. It was such a wonderful experience to be in a secluded cabin with the love of my life for an entire week. No bothersome phone calls, emails, or visitors; just each other. It was one of those trips that really sticks with you, and made us both want to just move in to the outpost!

So as someone that has now stayed in the Main Lodge, the Loon’s Nest, the J4U cabin, and the Lake Tik outpost; I know that you’ll have a great time no matter which adventure you choose!
I can’t wait to get back there this year. We love Camp Anjigami!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sean M
Linda W, Owner at Camp Anjigami, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Sean, thank you for taking the time to write your review--it is very much appreciated! Looking forward to seeing you, your beautiful bride and the rest of the gang this summer! And there should be plenty of wild blueberries at that time.
Columbus OH
Reviewed April 30, 2012

My wife & daughter took a trip to Paris & I took my two young sons (then 12 & 8) to Camp Anjigami. I was the clear winner here! We stayed in the Loon's Nest, which was just the right size for us. And what a great view from the porch! We were a bit pre-season due to the wife's schedule & were the only folks in camp & Linda & Craig were very very hospitable, even letting use use their computer to stay in touch w/my wife (probably a perk only if you're the only folks in camp). They'd planned to have WiFi soon (I don't know if that's up and working now or not). I still marvel that this place which is literally 'off the grid' had such things!
This is on my short list of 'places to get back to'. I would give a way more than 5 stars for location if possible!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Thomas B
Reviewed April 18, 2012 via mobile

We have visited Camp Anjigami every year for the past three years! We have stayed in the lodge one year, the loon's nest, the just for u, and did a week at their fly in cabin on Lake Tik. Lake Tik was absolutely amazing!! I highly recommend it if you love peace and quiet in a beautiful setting as well as fresh caught fish for dinner. My family loves the beauty of the main camp, lake, and cliff across the water as well as the huge variety of activities available. My husband and I love to explore and fish and always portage to east one other lake, which is always a great adventure! Some of our favorite things to do include walleye fishing at night, hiking the cliff, kayaking, trout fishing the river, and just spending time in the beautiful outdoors. The owners are wonderful and offer clean and comfortable accommodations. We look forward to seeing them again every year now too! We are planning to go back again this August and can't wait to get up there!

Stayed June 2011
1 Thank Jessie M
Linda W, Owner at Camp Anjigami, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
Thank you, Jessie--this really means a lot! Craig and I look forward to seeing you and your group this summer.
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Craig and Linda are fantastic hosts. Camp Anjigami offers a diversity of sleeping quarters, outpost locations, and recreational space, plenty of equipped boats and motors, great views, fishing, hiking, biking, hunting.... you name it, its all there. Wish I could live there.

Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Andy W
Linda W, Owner at Camp Anjigami, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
Hi Andy, thank you for your input! We hope to see you this fall.
Michigan
Reviewed April 15, 2012

My wife surprised me and booked this trip. We were there with our son who is 8. We had a great time caught lots of fish and the hospitality was fabulous. A definite winner we will be back.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank Kenai122
Linda W, Owner at Camp Anjigami, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
It was a pleasure meeting the three of you; and so glad your brief stay was enjoyable. Hopefully we will see you again in the near future. Thank you for taking the time to write a review--it is truly appreciated!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wawa
No photo provided
Best Northern Motel and Restaurant
Makiebares Waterfront Accommodations
The Canadian Ecology Centre Cabins
Air-Dale Fishing and Hunting

Been to Camp Anjigami? Share your experiences!