“Delightful Surprise”

Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Canadian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2014

It's amazing that in a town of 1000 people, you would find such a jewel of a restaurant! With Oriental, Trinidad, Vegetarian, and Canadian dishes, and the best Roulade I've ever had, charming and rustic ambiance, you can even watch a beautiful sunset. Sit inside or out on the deck and enjoy calm water with beautiful reflections of sky and flora. Service was relaxed but attentive.Though not an inexpensive restaurant, the menu prices reflected the quality and presentation of the food. Take your time and enjoy yourself; it may be very well be your best meal on The Circle Route!

Reviewed August 3, 2014

If you travel the north shore route you quickly find your favourite places - and this is one of them. Beautiful location just outside of Wawa and with excellent food. The preparation time is lengthy, so you could get frustrated if you are in a hurry, but the quality is very good and the food is always fresh. Settle in and enjoy the scenery. If you are close for breakfast, go for the pancakes which are almost muffin like and go well either with eggs, bacon or just syrup.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

We've eaten here about 5 times over the years we've been visiting Wawa and have never been disappointed. The location is convenient, the view is very nice, the staff is friendly, service is quick and the food is quite good.

This time, I decided to have the Weiner Snitzel, and I have to say that it was even better than what I am able to find in the German restaurants of Milwaukee, which was a bit of a surprise. I don't recall what my wife had, and I'm too lazy to go ask her, but I can say she was quite pleased as well.

We happened to be there late enough for the action to have slowed down to where we could ask how folks from Trinidad and Tobago end up in a place like Wawa, ON. Cool story. Ask if they have time.

Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Great service here! Very friendly!
We first had tomato soup with vegtables, which had a different and unique taste to it. I loved it!
I ordered the Bison, well done, which was delicious. Some of my other companions ordered different meals, which looked appetizing as well.
Then came dessert, and it was some of the best cake I've ever tasted. The ice cream complimented it perfectly.
The view outside was beautiful, too bad it was rainy.
I'd recommend going there! It's very fun!

Reviewed July 26, 2014

We stopped here for lunch after finding out that the restaurant we'd intended to go to was closed. Lucky us! Our sandwiches were good -- fresh ingredients -- but the real highlight was the homemade apple pie a la mode. We had the meal during our Lake Superior Circle tour, and having just finished the trip I can report that the pie here was the best on the whole trip.