“Best staff Ever!!”

and 1 more site!
Sportsman's Motel
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Wawa
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Had mixed emotions after reading some posts on here but have to say I was pleasantly surprised and very disappointed in remarks about calling unknown persons "creepy". The manager Leo is the most helpful man ever, has a heart of gold and goes way beyond for the guests. Housekeeping staff is very friendly and do a great job of getting the rooms fresh and clean. The owners lucked out with the current staff they have! We will definitely be back again. Thanks again Leo and staff

Room Tip: rooms in the hallway were quiet and very nice, we didn't require door to door service for our ve...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank K H

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Its very nice and affordable motel. We spent there 4 nights and we were very happy. Rooms are nice and clean. Folks at the desk very friendly and accommodating. They even told us about local attractions. I would definitely to stay there again!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank thorvald2013
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on a trip north. It's not 5 star quality however it was a friendly place to stay. New owners and the gentleman was very helpful and friendly on the desk.
It's 100.00 for the night- two queens and AC. It had wifi which was pretty much all I cared about. Couldn't use the shower as it flat out creeped me out. Plaster broke in the bathroom ceiling - seemed dangerous to me.
Mark Valley was my neighbor in the hotel- (jack devereau) so seriously how bad could it be with all his sexiness hanging around.

New bed covers and linens would be an awesome start. I'd stay again just because the service was good.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Jane B
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I worked up in wawa last summer and I stayed at the sportsman it was a nice little motel, rooms were always clean and I had a better sleep in their beds than I do in my own. they would keep my room on weekends when I went home so I did not have to transport my belongings back and forth with me which was awesome. the sportsman is a good place to stay... keep up the good/hard work Rocky your doing a great job :)

Room Tip: the rooms in the back are the best its quiet back there, no one bugs you, its just a great place I w...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank labourer1036
Reviewed October 3, 2012

You're in Wawa....there is not a lot of choice here. Once you re-adjust your expectation it isn't so bad. If you are in need of a room for the night this will do. Our room (upstairs) was a good size with two double beds, one single bed, a fridge and microwave The carpet was old with burn holes but appeared clean. The bathroom also was clean (we did not use the bathtub). The beds were fine. I would best describe this place as rustic and dingy. They did have wi-fi access.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank justvisiting50
Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

I'm surprised by the previous reviews. The man in reception was quite amenable and gave us a discount for paying in cash. The room was clean and there was a microwave and fridge. Wi-fi was fine. The heating worked fine, although we had to ask the receptionist to turn it on. The coffee provided in the morning was extremely weak so probably not worth the trip to reception. The sound insulation wasn't great. However, it wasn't bad for the money, especially compared to other motels.

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank cowsandmoons
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We choose this motel simply because it's the cheapest and the only pet friendly motel of the area . Without reading trip advisor's review first, I now regret about my choice VERY MUCH.

First of all, the lady in reception didn't welcome you at all, she was rude and cool, she mumbled most of the time and I really did't understand her talking at all.
The room was old and outdated, with a wired smell, feel like they overuse perfume and trying to cover the musty smell. I don't even wanna recall.

Moreover, the outdoor pool was abandoned, even a 30 degree summer day, they didn't even bother to wash it and make it operational. The abandoned pool in front of everyone's door was the creepiest thing to see in dark. We had no choice but need to kept window curtains closed all the time, the room light was also dim enough to make me sick.

Worst memory in my life.

Me and my boyfriend did not sleep well at all. We left 8:30 in the morning and don't wanna come back EVER again!

Be prepare if you choose this motel during your trip, it may ruin your relax happy mood. Rather spend more money and stay at Best Western beside it. Definitely not worth the money spent here.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple