“hidden gem” 5 of 5 bubbles

Best Northern Motel and Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in Wawa
Cuisines: Polish, European, Canadian, Eastern European
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Oakville, Canada
“hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2010

European style, very tasteful decor, excellent service and food. Great value.
We loved the Polish specialties, the home made pasta the savoury sauces. We tried altogether 8 main course dishes from the menu, and loved 7 (we found the fish with the cheese sauce a bit too rich) great change after the burgers and fries prevalent in these parts of the world.

1 Thank bobemama

“The potato pancake wrapped around a very...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2010

The potato pancake wrapped around a very tasty beef stew was excellent. The poor waiter had more than he could handle, resulting in awful service. Too bad....

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I wish I lived near this restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2010

I recently stayed in Wawa for a few days with a friend and her family, and they told me before we got there that we had to eat at this restaurant and that the food is really great there. Sure enough I was not disappointed, and we went back there more than once after that. I can definitely say that I rarely go to a restaurant and thoroughly enjoy everything I try while there, and I tried a Lot! And it was all fantastic food. The restaurant is a nice size, not too big, with a friendly atmosphere and friendly people. Sadly I live rather far from Wawa, but i know that I'm looking forward to going back there so I can eat at this restaurant again. Two of my favourite dishes there were their perogies (the best I have ever had) and the potato pancake (which normally I don't really like.) So, If you're staying in Wawa, or even just passing through, I suggest making a pit stop here to have some really good food. :)

1 Thank 13Ann13
always on the road...
“Excellent food. Fantastic people. Home Cooked European deliciousness!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2010

We recently stayed in Wawa for 3 nights, and although we had the option to eat elsewhere, we couldn't tear ourselves away from the cooked-from-scratch deliciousness at the Best Northern Motel in Wawa. They advertise the best European, and Polish dishes around...and I would say its some of the best I have EVER had. And if that weren't enough, they have a daily menu with local and seasonal foods that just melt in your mouth, beautiful salad and sandwich combination's, and wonderful home made soups. A cute couple runs the hotel and restaurant, and while we were there we noted that nearly every table that ate at the restaurant went out of their way to poke their head into the kitchen to comment on how excellent the food was. A delightful place to eat!