“Maybe we caught them on a bad night, but everything was terrible.”

Best Northern Motel and Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in Wawa
Cuisines: Polish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

We went on the recommendations from trip advisor and our motel staff, and we were excited to try the polish food.

The restaurant is small with only a handful of tables and a small bar. It appeared the owner of the restaurant was the only person waiting tables, running the motel as guests checked in, seating people, and running the bar. He had one other person helping him bus the tables.

It was busy when we got there and we got the last table. The owner was unfriendly and hardly said a word to us. It took a very long time to place an order, they were out of what I wanted (bison), so I went with a pork chop meal. After a very long wait, our soup was served cold and without silverware. Eventually we got silverware but had to wait again to get the soup warmed back up. The pork was overdone.

No one in the restaurant appeared happy with their experience either. Would not go back.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Had to try this recommended restaurant with such a wide variety of menu items. They had a very small variety of wine to choose from but the good thing about that is that it was fresh wine. My husband and I both like potato pancakes and don't get them around where we live, and I noticed it was on the menu. As one could get perogies as an entrée or as an appetizer, I asked if I could get the potato pancakes as an appetizer and was told they would make up 3 for me. (I mean they were already on the menu with a beef stew.) My husband ordered a pork chop dinner and also ordered the 3 pancake appetizer. Another couple that ordered after us got their food and had nearly finished before the owner came out with my appetizer and my husband's pancakes. I finally said that they could bring him his meal and was told it was almost ready!! Almost everyone else was ordering sandwiches of some kind and I wondered if the pork was frozen. Anyway, it was good once he got his food. We were shocked to see that we were charged $ 11.65 for the 3 pancakes. His whole dinner was $16.25. I thought the price was outrageous. There aren't many tables in this small restaurant. I was shocked that it took so long to get our food.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed at the motel across the road and walked down to the Best Northern Restaurant for dinner. Wonderful mix of menu options and they willingly accommodated my gluten-free needs. There were 7 in our party, everyone ordered something different, and we all were very impressed with our food. FYI: Try their take on a Pavlova for dessert--YUMMY!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed at the motel, so it was so convenient just to walk to eat here. We both had the golabki and pierogi dinners and were surprised however that the gravy was brown and not red as it is at home. None the less, it was very good. The serving was large and the presentation was nice. The service was fine. The place was quite small. I had a house wine and my husband had a well gin & tonic. The two drinks and 2 dinners were $50, before tip, and we had no dessert or appetizers.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

The best Polish food I've ever eaten. Recipes were quite refined. The mushroom sauce was delicate, a hint of wine. The cabbage rolls cooked without tomato sauce were out of this world. Worth every penny.