“Great Restaurant”

Cuisines: Polish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We ate here while taking a motorcycle trip around Lake Superior. We had stopped in Wawa at the visitor center to ask about accommodations, and they had recommended the Best Northern Resort. They kindly called to inquire about availability, but unfortunately they were full. They did get us into the White Fang Motel across the road and she then told us of the great Polish Restaurant at the Best Northern Resort. My boyfriend has some food allergies, which can be a challenge, but they were very helpful and accommodating. He had the lake trout and I had the pan fried pork. Both entrees were delicious. I would definitely eat here again, and hopefully next time be able to stay at their resort.

1  Thank BadgerGirl_625

Reviewed August 6, 2012

If you are in the Wawa area for either breakfast or dinner, this is, without a doubt, the place to eat. The prices are a little higher than some of the other area restaurants, but the quality and variety of the food is exceptional -- certainly for this small town, but this is a restaurant that would compete well in a much larger metropolitan area. There were four of us and each person had a different Polish-based dish and all were just fantastic. Well worth the stop even if you are not staying at the attached hotel. Best restaurant in the region by far.

1  Thank Frank T
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I had to wait for over an hour after my order was placed. I ordered milk and it was sour. The food was not very good either. Won't go back.

1  Thank Perry R
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We were recommended to go to this place by our motel/cabin staff. So we went. The food is very very good. Highly recommend the cabbage rolls!

1  Thank Claudia F
Reviewed July 16, 2012

My husband shared the souvlaki plate. The pork skewers were tasty and the Greek salad was full of feta and olives and lots of veggies besides lettuce. The rice had little flecks of carrot and may have been made in broth because it was flavorful.

3  Thank Betsy K