“Enjoyed the night at the Wawa Motor Inn”
Review of Wawa Motor Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wawa
Wawa Motor Inn
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Wawa
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed in one of the log cabins and were happy with the rooms. They were clean and had nice rooms. One drawback is that the walls to the bedrooms only went up 3/4 of the way to the ceiling. So while you would not see anything, sounds did travel from the living room. Benefit to parents wanting to hear young children, but not to people wanting more privacy.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Elizabeth11180

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed there the 29th of August, 2013. There are quite a few motels in Wawa, especially for the size of it. There are 5 on the main street alone plus several on highway 17 just outside of town. We had been in Wawa in 2009 and stayed at a different hotel that was the best of the others in town (as this one was full) This motel is much better than any of the others. We had room 150 in the main building and it has an outside door to park at and another door to the inside corridor so that you can walk to the restaurant/lounge called the Cicada Dining Room & Lounge without going outside. The room was a decent size with a king bed, frig, coffee maker, 2 night tables, and a decent bathroom. They supply rags in the room for people to wipe their bikes and snowmachines off, They supply 1 brown face cloth so woman will wipe makeoff off with it (never seen that before), but that saves their white facecloth. I found the woman at the front desk very nice and she gave us a senior discount. In the morning the lady (another one) was quite nice too. The building has a goose on it roof also. The restaurant is attractive inside and the waitress was very friendly. My meal was good, but my husband's fish was not.
The lady at the front desk said the lease on the restaurant was up the end of Sept so it is an
unknown fact at this moment.

Room Tip: We like the room at the end as you only had a room on one side, but we found it very quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2013

On the advise of my friend, we booked a log cabin because there was 3 guys travelling on motorcycles around Lake Superior. The cabin was $199 + 25.87 taxes. Yes it was rustic, spacious, had a full kitchen and had an INSERT for a fireplace and wood was in the box outside. However, no air conditioning, no coffee filters and who wants a fire when its 80 degrees. It was quite a walk to the restaurant in the main part of the hotel. A nicer walk back, as we needed it after the big meal. The food was good, VERY VERY pricey ...... and very pricey for restaurant food attached to hotel. The waitress was run off her feet as she was handling the whole room ! She did not come back to see if everything was alright, we did get coffee refills, and we had to call for her to get desert. There is NO Pool or hot tub, although they have installed a small two man sauna in the fitness room. Unfortunately we didn't have time to try it out. For the money there are better deals at 4 star hotels for your money.

Room Tip: Don't get a log cabin unless THAT is what you are looking for. The only reason we did is our one...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Just needing a place to sleep for one night on our travel journey, we came upon this little motel in Wawa. It had a friendly, helpful receptionist who helped us right away by providing a clean / non-smoking room. Our stay here was OK not great.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank beckaj01
Reviewed August 5, 2013

A common theme in the previous TA reviews is bad service from the front desk. I also had a very poor first impression as the young women behind the desk seemed much more interested in dealing with some computer issue than acknowledging my presence.

Having survived the check-in process, I found the room to be quite clean and comfortable with handy microwave, mini fridge and flat screen TV.

While I would not recommend the Wawa Motor Inn as a destination, it was perfectly fine for providing comfort for a weary traveler.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here only because everywhere else we tried was full. The rooms are OK (we stayed in one of the pet friendly "log rooms") and basically clean. The problem started when I came back from a run (after driving six hours from Sudbury... Definitely needing a shower) and found that the water was orange! I called the front desk who told me to run it for a while and it should go away. I ran it for 45 minutes straight and it faded to a dark yellow. I called the front desk back and said it didn't work and I was in desperate need of a shower... She said "I don't know what you want me to tell you". Ended up showering in the water that stank like metal and going to sleep mad. When checking out I mentioned it again and was met with the same sarcastic "what do you expect me to do about it" attitude. When I told them I was leaving unhappy and would spread the word the girl said "go right ahead... Whatever!". Room was also $120- unacceptable for a grungy motel with orange water.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Aeolson1
Reviewed July 19, 2013

This is the 2nd time we stayed in this motel over 6 years period. The only reason to stop here is the convenient location between Southern Ontario and further out West for an overnight stop.
The first time we had a simple room in the main building.
This time we got a lodge type of room in the lower "log building". Those rooms have a much better appeal than the main building.
The reception staff was friendly, but very occupied with the phone in stead of talking to the customer at the counter...
Room was fine though! We had a good night sleep.

The on-site restaurant was a big flop. The restaurant was almost empty, and the servants just let us wait for more than 10 minutes at the "wait to be seated" sign. So we walked away with the children.
Food didn't look appealing anyway. Note that Tim Hortons is the "only other option" in town!
Wawa is as "dead" as it can be. Besides the big goose, nothing to find of entertainment...

Room Tip: Take the lodge type of room in the lower lodge building.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family