“Food is disgusting, the rest is OK”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of The Wawa Motor Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wawa
The Wawa Motor Inn
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Wawa
Toronto, Canada
“Food is disgusting, the rest is OK”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2011

The food is terrible, whoever is running the resturant/kitchen needs to be fired along with all of the resturant/kitchen staff.
Disgusting, I was so disgusted I nearly puked.
Flat ware dirty, glasses filthy, tables and table cloths disgusting.
WARNING: Do Not eat anything at the resturant.
Please, someone from the health and safety close this kitchen down and start again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank disgusted-patron

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
New York, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2011

After ten hours on the road my best friend and I were looking for a comfortable, clean place to stay off the Trans-Canada highway, and were happily surprised by the Wawa Motor Inn. We arrived after 9PM and there was a log village room available at a reasonable price. The check-in receptionist was kind and advised that if we were hungry we should go to their restaurant before they were closing at 10PM. We ordered mozzarella sticks and chicken Caesar salads which came out quickly and we thoroughly enjoyed!

We found the room to be exceptionally clean, cozy and had everything a weary traveler required. Additionally the curtains were dark and allowed for us to sleep in a bit in the morning which was certainly welcomed! In addition, my best friend is an avid cyclist and was very impressed that they even offered bike cleaning cloths for anyone who might need it (though this trip we did not!).

Though it is unlikely that our travels will bring us back through Wawa in the near future, we will be delighted to recommend this location to our family and friends who may be travelling through!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank TransCanadaTourist
Sheguiandah, ON
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2011

Picturesque, clean much needed piece of heaven for the road weary. What a pleasant surprise that didn't fleece our pocket book.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank maanii
Toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2010

I have visited the Wawa Motor Inn many times, on many trips to Wawa, and I have to say that lately I have become disappointed with this hotel.

The rooms are still clean and comfortable and a decent place to get a night's sleep (and the log cabins are very nice for small groups), but the service level has been sliding for a few months now.

The front desk staff have become less helpful to wayward travellers. Though not outright rude, the people I have dealt with this stay were condescending to me when I showed up early (not by my choice). I know I was early. I was simply inquiring if a room was available yet. Muttering something about "Check in is at 2" behind my back as I walk away is not necessary.

The restaurant however is taking a downward slide. I understand there was a recent change of management. The food was good before. Not spectacular, but good. Now it has slid to a smaller menu with food that is pricier at lower quality. The wait staff also has gotten grumpier and slower than before. (There was one pleasant one that I was very happy to deal with, but most of them seem less than happy to be there.)

Overall I will probably still stay again, as it is still the cleanest and most comfortable place in Wawa, but I certainly hope the service slide does not continue.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank masterofflight
Eagan, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2010

We stayed one night during a two-week bicycle trip around Lake Superior. We arrived at Wawa after one of our shorter days and took advantage of extra time by roaming into Wawa. The motel is on the near edge of town, but it really doesn't matter as there isn't much in town to be honest.

Our room was a bit worn and at least soon to be out of date, although in an inoffensive, not really bold anyway kind of way. We really didn't mind as our room criteria revolved around whether there was room for two bikes, and our room was fantabulous in that regard. Bathroom and shower were nicer than others on our trip - wow, we even had a hair dryer in the room!

We ate dinner at the restaurant on the premises. The dining room is pretty interesting given the huge rock fireplace and timber-frame roof structure. The food was in the "not to bad" category. My steak was actually done properly and hinted of dry aging, so I consider that pretty good for motel fare.

All in all, I think this place was fine and if you don't need to be pampered or among the tourist-elite, this place will do the trick.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 26pt2runner
Guelph, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2010

The room was clean and quiet. But the notes around the room were all rather threatening: use our towels for your car and you'll be charged $250 cleaning fee!!! Smoke in our rooms and you'll be charged $250 cleaning fee! I had to get my credit card verified for a larger amount in case I skipped out without paying a meal or phone...to cover the hotel's butt (words of the reservation worker). They really don't trust travelers.
And the breakfast voucher was for $3.99. Of course the cheapest thing on the menu (oatmeal) was $5.99. So no free breakfast...and I felt like they thought they were fooling me.

• Stayed August 2010
1 Thank lovetravel6565
Waterloo, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2010

room, front desk staff, fantastic.
restaurant: worst meal of my life
$17.00 for a frozen chicken cutlet and spaghetti was cold, from the fridge cold.
I asked to have the spaghetti microwaved and it came back warm on the outside and spaghetti was as cool instead of cold.
The worst meal of my life.
Never again.