“Really Clean!”
Review of Algoma Motel

Algoma Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wawa
Algoma Motel
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Wawa
“Really Clean!”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

After a long day on the road this is a great place to stay in Wawa! Clean, park outside the door, unload your stuff! The rooms were very clean, very pleasant owners and a good price! Then had dinner at a local restaurant and then back for a great nights sleep! Would stay there again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MASH16

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We only needed a place to lay our heads and take a shower after along day on the roadm this place was clean comfortable and friendly service with very reasonable rates. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank debbadooo
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed March 24, 2013

It's nothing fancy but the Algoma Motel has nice, clean, newly renovated rooms, has excellent water pressure and is run by an very kind hearted man who calls his customers by name and genuinely cares about your comfort.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Matty H
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed September 29, 2012

So my boyfriend, little dog and snake were on a move across the country from ON-BC On our second day out of toronto we ended up getting a flat tire just 2 hrs out of the sault. a road trip is just not a road trip without some lovely set backs.
Now there really isn't anything between saut. and wawa so I had a long drive ahead of me with a spare tire and a one lane highway where tons of trucks were tail gating me and passing me aggressively because I could only drive so fast on my spare.
Anywho after a couple hours of that we found a little town called Wawa. we went to Royal Tire not much help they looked around some but stopped looking when it didn't seem doable (my tires are super small and a newer car)
I was about to leave go into my car and drive until I found the next town.
My boyfriend suggested we just check out the chrysler next door IT CAN'T HURT.
There was a super friendly blonde lady behind the counter who greeted us with your typical small town charm. I believe it was Heidi Mclaren now this woman did not need to do the things she did for me that day but she did and I greatly appreciate it everytime I think of that time and everytime I tell my story of my flat tire on our trek to BC.
Heidi called everyone in town she possibly could she called them more than once even. She didn't stop there she was determined to get me back on that road, I am pretty sure she spent probably what seemed like an 30 min maybe more trying to figure out where we can get a tire no luck in town and no luck with regular tires so now she searched for winter tires she was even calling to the sault. Mazda who were not helpful with her at all and did not have the tire for my Mazda (ridiculous I know) she finally did find a tire for me it was a winter tire and she needed to get it onto a greyhound bus to get it in from the sault. She was so amazing she also told me her husband owned a hotel up the street that I could definatly get a good price for. She called him and let him know in advance we were on our way she gave me a rental and didnt even charge me for that Since that I wanted to send her a post card but never got a point to (I am bad like that) just to thank her dearly for her awesomeness.
We headed over to the hotel I don't think we ended up getting a discount or anything but we were there before check in and before the cleaning ladies had gotten to work but they were nice enough to accomodate and get the cleaning lady to clean our room first so we could rest for a little after that stressful morning. All and all Algoma is your typical small town motel friendly staff rooms were clean and motelish :P I had a wonderful stay in Wawa it is a beautiful town with lovely people and I would go back just for the teanquility of it all so THANK YOU TO HEIDI FOR BEING SOOOOO AMAZING and Thank you to Jeff Smith who accomodated us so well :)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Cristina D
Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

Great motel after a long days travel. Clean, older,but well maintained. Quiet. Big surprise in the morning the muffins are home made and awesome. Reasonably priced. Bikes welcomed,easy to find. Great resturant across the street. Gas station nearby. Good showers and beds.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Linda C
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed June 13, 2012

We stayed at this hotel twice, one night on our way to camp and for one night on our way back from camp. The first time we were in one of the older rooms but it was still very clean and comfortable. The second time we were put in one of the remodled rooms. This room was also very clean and comfortable and with the newly remodled look even made us feel like we were in a fancy hotel. The water pressure in both showers was excellant! Muffins were good and wi fi was fast enough at 3MB/sec. We will definitly be staying here next year.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bailey d
Delta, Canada
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We'd checked into the Sportsman across the street and checked out immediately. Enough said about that place. I saw the Algoma across the street and off we went. It's a small cozy roadside motel. It's humble, don't expect all the creature comforts. You are in the wilds of Northern Ontario after all, but the rooms are clean, the rates are reasonable, and the folks in the office are friendly and helpful. The beds are decent, not squeaky or too soft. The shower was roomy and had great water pressure. Over all a pleasant experience.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple