“Great stop over hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Wawa
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
“Great stop over hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

3 of us were doing a clockwise motorcycle ride around Lake Superior, and Wawa was a logical place to stop. This little hotel looked better than any of the chains in town and didn't disappoint. The nice thing is that because it was so tucked away, we didn't feel that our motorcycles would be in any danger of disappearing over night.

Room was clean, tidy, small as others mentioned but for a quick one night stay it was fine for 3 people. Other hotels could take tips on cleanliness and "invitingness" of rooms from these folks. We could see that plenty of effort was being made with the grounds as well, with plants and tidy landscaping everywhere. Two of our meals at the restaurant were very good, although the third meal (hamburger) was not. Go with the Polish options.. the perogies and hunter stew were great. Pie for desert? Yes please!!!

Nice place. If I'm ever back in the area, will check in again - I prefer single owner places over chains anyhow.

Room Tip: Hotel looked like it had about 12 suites and 3 or 4 cabins. The cabins may have been roomier, might...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank beaker13_13

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
London, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

We spent a pleasant evening here enroute to Thunder Bay. The rooms are not fancy, but comfortable and very clean. The Polish food in the restaurant is homemade and really good. I highly recommend this as a place to stay and eat in Wawa. There isn't much on this highway and there certainly isn't any better food to be found.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Alison B
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

My husband is staying there as I write. This place is really nice, quaint and has all you need - a bed, a restaurant, cheaper than other motels around (almost half the price) and it's clean! He did say the bathroom was a little small and ackward, therefore the room rating of 4/5.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank marmarmuk
New England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

We planned a road trip north to Thunder Bay to visit family. Knowing we were passing though Wawa I reserved with the Best Northern months in advance, but it was not busy in early May. We stayed a second time when we passed by again, a few days later. The main reason for choosing this property was the favorable reviews of the motel's restaurant. We did eat there and had wonderful meals. The motel itself is older with modern updates but keep in mind it is not 100%. Coffee maker, microwave and small refrigerator in room came in handy. The owners don't seem too tech savvy, as there was no email address on the website. I called to make arrangements. Wawa appears to have many outdoor activities, especially in the summer months.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rleNewEngland
wnuczkazosia, marketing coordinator at Best Northern Motel and Restaurant, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
You might be right about the not too tech savvy part, however our email address is listed in the "Contact Us" section of the website.
Fort McMurray, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

I would like to thank Teresa and Mark for their incredible hospitality. I arrived late after a long day of driving and even though the restaurant was closing Teresa made me supper to go. The food was incredible. The rooms were very clean and had all the amenities you would expect from a major hotel. The Internet connection was excellent and had great speed for Video calling.

I would definitely stay at this motel again and I would highly recommend it to others.

Once again thank you Teresa and Mark for the incredible stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Mobdeals
Fort McMurray, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

This quaint little motel is right next to the highway but almost hidden from the view on the road and have I not paid attention, in my night travel I might have missed it. Very nice gentleman greeted me and made me feel welcomed despite the late time of my arrival of my unplanned stay. I was so hungry and the kitchen was closed but he was super nice and brought me a delicious plate of home made perogies that were on the menu that day. I devoured them at the well garnished bar and they were absolutely amazing. Making conversation with him and discovered that he and his wife own the place and he renovated the rooms himself. The one I had was very clean and well maintained, the renovations were well done. Very clean place. Great food. Great stay.

Great experience. Definitely stop there on your travel through the north.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Alexandra S
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

We completed a Lake Superior Circle Tour by car and stayed at this lovely motel one night. The room was very comfortable, clean, and a little better than the typical roadside motels we found on our trip. We were warmly greeted by the couple that owns the motel, and enjoyed the best meal we had on the entire 9 day trip - hearty Polish food. We would come back just for the food!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple