“Pretty good” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Baie Comeau
annapolis
“Pretty good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2010

The inn isn't as bad as the other reviews make it sound. It was the only room left in the city, so we took it with great trepidation. Our room was CLEAN -- no hairs, no filth and linens were clean. Carpets in the hallway are stained, but our room was fine. Breakfast was okay -- very inconsistant (only hard boiled eggs and cheese one day), no yogurt, however they did have fruit, cereal toast, muffins, etc. Don't be afraid to stay here.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manon F, General Manager at Comfort Inn Baie-Comeau, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. The housekeepeing staff is making its every day priority to keep all rooms clean so you can rest peace at mind. I hope to greet you again at our hotel in a near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
NL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2009

I would not recommend staying at this hotel. There were hairs left in the bathroom, in the shower, on the towels, & found one on our pillow. It was so gross! We had our 3 year old daughter with us and I had to scrub the tub out at 10 o'clock at night for her to have a bath. Then I checked my credit card statement when I got home and they charged us for our stay twice! AND for two different amounts????? My sister had reservations for the next evening and said it was the exact same way in her room.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank chardy1977
Manon F, General Manager at Comfort Inn Baie-Comeau, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear guest:
First I would like to thank you for using TripAdvisor. It is guest feedback that encourages us to improve in areas that did not meet and exeeded expectations. I appreciate you bringing to my attention the unpleaseant experience you had at our hotel.

From your comments, the level of cleaning was clearly not acceptable and we are most embarassed by our performance. As a result of this incident, improved Housekeeping procedures were implemented to ensure that we learn from this opportunity and to reinforce our preventative maintenance targets.

I am sorry to hear that you were billed twice for your stay. If it has not been done already, I would encourage you to contact me or my Assistant General Manager to find out what happened at check-out time and to fnd a solution to this situation. Such feedback is shared and discussed with the team to ensure we learn from, and proavtively address, any service issue.

Again, please accept our apologies for a less than perfect stay and we hope that you will return again for an experience that exeeds all of your expectations.

Travelers are raving about these Baie Comeau hotels