“Honest ,healthy and imaginative.”
Review of Au Cafe Gourmet - CLOSED

Au Cafe Gourmet
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Au Cafe Gourmet is a provider of Coffee Houses products and services in Bathurst New Brunswick
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The cafe gourmand 's new section wine bar is so cozy and the food in the evening is fantastic.
The wines although a bit expensive,mare excellent (you can't get them anywhere else in Bathurst.
Thenservice is professional but friendly and not stuffy,

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Terrible experience.
We asked if the soup was vegetarian and the server said there was no meat in the soup but all their soups contained either beef or chicken stock. Good to know. I ordered the vege pâté sandwich, the server asked what kind of bread I wanted and if i would like it toasted, he also confirmed if wanted the salad. He was pleasant and everything was going well at this point, I thought we were in for a great meal. My partner ordered the chicken brochette with rice and salad and a mocha. Things started to go down hill from here. The mocha was delivered quickly but unfortunately, the taste consisted instant chocolate with barely a hint of coffee. The server then came with a bowl of soup that neither of us ordered. I didn't say anything as I thought it came with the sandwich and he just forgot to tell us. After about 15 minutes we realized they were not brining us any other food. A different server came over and asked if everything was ok. We explained that we didn't order the soup and we had not received the food that we did order. She apologized and took our order again. After a total of 30 minutes, our food arrived. The toast was burnt, the salad tasted like soap, the chicken was dry and rubbery and finally the rice was tasteless. We should have stopped at St Hubert on the highway, at least their cole slaw and fries work for vegetarians.

Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

A friend recently introduced me to this friendly cafe. The first thing you will notice is the service from Roman, the engaging and attentive proprietor. He is a great guy to chat with.

The two times I have eaten there, I had the soup et plat principale. Very flavourful and interesting soups. With the main course, a very nice and generous salad. Each time my 'plat principale' was turkey. Yesterday it was a minced turkey and mushroom loaf, very very tasty. The first time it was a minced turkey roll, also very nice.

The desserts look amazing, have not gone there yet, maybe next time!

Thank you Roman for making your guests feel so comfortable and welcome.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Good choice of healthy dishes on the menu and the lunch special is always varied and tasty. If you want to enjoy great pastries and cakes, this is the place.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

The owner is all smiles and puts you at ease as soon as you walk in. The staff is friendly, although some are a bit clumsy (unintentionally, of course, and I praise the owner for keeping them despite their flaws - very human of him!). The breakfasts are to die for, as are the desserts. My only qualm about this place is the lunch choices. It's pretty well the special or a sandwich & soup. But the food is very tasty and the specials are varied. I go often and recommend it wholeheartedly.