“A decent stay”

Quality Inn & Suites Bathurst
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Bathurst
Reviewed May 15, 2011

In Bathurst for an overnight with the kids for sports. Hotel was clean, if a little dated. Room was tidy, took a while to figure out the heating/cooling system. The breakfast was basic but everyone was satisfied. Overall not bad, not great, not the best we have stayed in,but certainly not the worst. Better than some of the other experiences we have had in the same city.

• Stayed: May 2011

Reviewed May 4, 2011

I had a one week stay for business at this hotel and found everything I needed within walking distance to the property. Location is excellent. Lots to eat nearby (both casual dining and fast food), grocery shopping & liquor store & many other shops nearby. The location is quite quiet and secure as well with loads of parking available & video surveillance around the building.
The front desk staff was very efficient upon check in as well as friendly and professional. They do not have a full restaurant, however they do have a great continental "plus" breakfast with everything from drinks like milk, juice, tea & coffee...cereal, bagels, yogurt. a very nice selection. Free newspaper in the morn' as well which is nice.
The room I had (221) was very large and clean. A huge king sized bed that was super comfortable if you like a soft bed. The room was a bit warm when I first entered, but the A/C works great and the room cooled down right away. Large TV with cable & everything else I needed for my trip...coffee maker & supplies, iron & board, hairdryer..small workdesk and free wifi with a great connection.
All rooms are non-smoking which is a plus for most...myself being a smoker however, I found it convenient that there was an exit at either end of the building...very easy to pop out for smoke and not feel like hassle. They do have ground floor rooms that open to the outside however I was on a second floor... yes they do have an elevator.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Stratt3000
Reviewed October 25, 2010

This was originally a "Country Inn and Suites". If you've stayed at one you've stayed at them all. Rooms are average, breakfast average, price decent, free DVD movies. No complaints. There really aren't any better places in Bathurst. I've stayed at them all for 15 years. I pick this one over the others. The 2 room suite is an upgrade I like.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 5, 2010

We were originally looking for a gay-friendly B&B in the area, but we didn't know we planned to be in Bathurst around the time of New Brunswick Day and the Acadien Festival. We were beginning to panic when we found this hotel.

It was a little more expensive than we had hoped, but not nearly outrageous. We just normally get super bargains when we use services like Priceline... but that didn't pan out for us, so we rented a room here.

The hotel is a little basic (and family friendly) for my normal tastes, but this was no Motel 6 or Days Inn, by any stretch.

Although the room was a double with full-size beds, and I normally prefer a queen or king, the bed was one of the most comfortable I've slept in.

The free internet worked great, and the breakfast was sufficient. It included the normal continental items as well as small boiled eggs, which is great when protien is an important part of your breakfast.

We decided to rest after a disappointing dinner in downtown Bathurst and made use of the free movie kiosk in the lobby. It was like a RedBox movie rental machine... but free for guests... and the DVD players in the room were a nice bonus. TVs were analog, but still reasonable for watching movies in the room.

I was pleasantly surprised and enjoyed my stay!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EdRockster
Reviewed August 3, 2010

We've stayed there overnight and were happy with our clean big room and efficient service.
We will stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2010

I stayed in a suite and it was perfect, exactly what I look for when travelling on business.

The room was spotless, thank you housekeeping staff and the rooms was huge. The bed was so comforatble, I hated to get out of it in the morning.
The staff are exceptional and very freindly.

I highly recommend this hotel and will stay here next time I am passing through on business.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 5, 2010

This property is quite nice for the area. Since none of our preferred hotel chains have locations in Bathurst (it's a pretty small place) we booked at the Lakeview at a CAA rate.

The room was clean with a large bathroom, one "club chair" and a kitchen chair at the desk (thank heaven we didn't plan to work). There was a small refrigerator and a few nice touches included like disposable plates and cutlery. The beds were unexpectedly comfortable and the room was quiet. Breakfast was so-so: bread, bagels, muffins, cereal and yogurt with juice and coffee. A little fresh fruit would have been a welcome addition.

Overall, a nice place that we will probably stay at again, if we return to Bathurst.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple