“Excellent Spot”

Atlantic Host Hotel
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Bathurst
Reviewed March 25, 2013

The atmosphere and warmth of service in this hotel is just simply exceptional from front desk to General Manager. I even had a chance to meet the Owner as well during my stay who was just as welcoming as the rest of the staff. Definately clean, comfortable and inviting. Nice pool area and gym equipment.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stayed the past weekend at this hotel. The hotel was probably close to full capacity as they had a hockey tournament and the Drummondville team was in town playing against Bathurst. We go to the hotel around 3:15 to check in. There was a line up and only one person doing check in. If the hotel is close to full capacity they should staff properly and have at least two people there. It took half an hour and we had 2 people in front of us. Some of the people waited an hour. We got upstairs to our room and it was old but fine and clean. We could hear so many other teams and kids running around the walls for so thin. The kids next door were bouncing off the beds and we were bouncing in the bed as well. If you want a good night sleep make sure if it's a tournament weekend you stay somewhere else. It gets loud. One of my biggest negative was when we were walking back out to go watch a game we witnessed the lady at the front desk talk to folks like they were idiots. She was not very nice. These folks from overhearing the conversation were double/tripled booked. They had gone to rooms where they're was people in the rooms and they went in. We were waiting for other folks down at the lobby so we were able to hear alot of the converastion there was 4 of them that did not have rooms. They had booked this back in Oct as a group. In the same time a guy with 3 kids came back twice he was put in a room with one double bed twice. It was a big mess. Those folks had to go to a game and asked to speak to a Manager when they came back. They were advised on weekends there is no manager available that there was nothing she could do for them. The way she spoke to these people was unreal. I was extremely dissapointed to hear and see that. What kind of hotel at almost their full capacity would not have a manager around to make decisions when things like that happen. When we came back we heard the cleaning ladies just cleaning out rooms close to 6:00 and one said did you call the front desk to tell them the rooms are ready and the other responded no not yet they can wait a little. I knew they were probably referring to those poor people that had kids that were still waiting for rooms. That is very poor customer service. That night later on we were walking by the front desk and that same lady was talking about those people to others folks that were standing at the front desk. That was sooooooo unprofessional. The bar and restaurant service was really good. The best.

Room Tip: This is a big hotel if you're in a farther wing prepare to walk. They are all divided into long...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We stayed at his hotel for one night while I was in town for business. Everything was clean and comfortable. The staff was very pleasant. Our room was dated as is the rest of the hotel, but we noticed that there are upgrades and renovations being done. The bed was super comfortable, felt like sleeping on a fluffy cloud. One little thing that bothered me was the fact that the air was extremely dry in the room. Would stay again anytime...

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 8, 2012

The room was clean and well appointed. There were very slight black mold stains in the tub tiles but otherwise was clean. Front desk staff was excellent and helpful. Nice hot tub! I will definitely stay here again when I visit Bathurst in the future. But the hotel restaurant was disappointing and I will likely look for other dinning establishments.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I was in Bathurst back in 2008, staying at the Atlantic Host, while i was there visiting my mother. I wasn't awared that the had a water boil in Bathurst, which i say the Altantic Host should have told me, NOT to drink the water. Usually i always buy my water in a bottle, but after a long day at the hospital i was tired and didnt feel like leaving my room to and purchase one. Well i should have! I got that ecoli from drinking the water, and had the diarrhea for 3 weeks! I'm planning on going back to Bathurst next year for vacation, but i will NOT stay at the Host. Thank you... Other than that i guess they were ok, except for the cleaning ladies knocking on my door wanting to clean the room, when they woke me up!!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 18, 2012

It's not the first time I'm staying there and evrytime my stay is excellent good service the personel are friendly and room clean and clear no manner were you sleep in the hotel

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I have stayed at the Atlantic Host on many occasions. From my first stay I have had good service from the restaurant and the staff. I am never disappointed when I stay at this hotel and I recommend it to anyone I know going to Bathurst on business. It is a well run hotel with the owner's office right off the lobby with the door always open and he always has a friendly word for anyone he passes.

Room Tip: I personally like the rooms on the ground floor as they each have their own patio door.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business