“A few critiques” 3 of 5 bubbles

Nectar's
Ranked #8 of 56 Restaurants in Bathurst
Cuisines: Canadian, International
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bathurst, New Brunswick, Canada
“A few critiques”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

My party of four was greeted immediately at the door on a Sunday at lunchtime. We were seated and the waiter was very nice and pleasant. We enjoyed the decor. The menu is an ABSOLUTE, TERRIBLE MESS. It is very obvious that it was written in french, then translated to English very, very poorly. It's almost funny. Also, there is whiteout and stickers all over it, hiding items that they don't serve anymore. That is accompanied by corrections in pen and highlighter. Honest to god, it looked like my first essay in grade six after being corrected by the English teacher.
Food was great. I had the [I forget what it's called, the regular/main burger on the menu]. Salad was nice on the side with the fries. I asked for a chocolate milk, but I was surprised with what the waiter brought me. It seemed as if it was water with either cocoa or hot chocolate crystals, chilled. I didn't taste any dairy to it at all. Even if there was dairy in it, it would have been nice if it were actual chocolate milk without the huge pile of gross brown powder at the bottom of the cup.
The menu said we were overlooking the bay of Chaleur, when in fact you are looking at what some onsider part of the Bathurst Basin and others consider a part of the Bathurst Harbor. Very good view from there. Was nice how we could spend our never-expiring Nectarina gift cards at the restaurant. Great view. The music was either Galaxie or Serious XM, on a channel which was just acoustic covers of popular songs. We enjoyed it. The ice was a little heavy in my fellow patron's soda.
Overall nice experience, but I think they cut a few corners with the menu and the chocolate milk. Oh yeah, and they didn't seem to have a lunch or kid's menu

• Visited May 2014

Moncton, Canada
“Disappointing..”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

Hey first of all I was disappointed with the fake fine dining thing it says they do fine cuisine but they don't. Second there is always stuff missing from the menu for some reasons and you don't know until you order and then they let you know. I ordered some sushi's and there was no pickle ginger nor wasabi that is so disappointing from a restaurant with a super overpriced menu that is supposedly one of the best in town.. Very expensive place to eat and most of the time you can't eat what you want because they will most likely be out of that product its so frustrating and they blame it on the supplier all the time . Oh and even the atmosphere.. not so bad upstairs except that the floor is totally destroyed it is so due for renovations... You would expect much more from a restaurant asking so much for their plates very very disappointed. I went to the toilet and the paper was all breaking apart you could tell it was of the worse quality.. And the list goes on friends.. The front door was so hard to opened there is some kind of pressure in the door that makes it almost impossible to open for women and they totally changed the downstairs section and they added some shelf with some over priced canned food on them they just don't care about nothing it looks like a cafeteria now. This restaurant has got from bad to worse it is a real circus in there sorry to say the truth its just my honest personal experience at that restaurant and it was terrible and I mean it. Also I got served by a waiter that smells alcohol from a mile I don't know if he was drinking from the bar but anyways never returning to this place. Seafood tasted like it came out the freezer and then put to the microwave and my friend's burger was still bloody that's not even safe..

• Visited April 2014
Bathurst nb
“Owner's ego gone wild!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

Best decor and a wonderful view,fabulous food but not consistent .
Excellent staff is what kept me going back. Had complaints about a few things that matter to me. But those concerns were never addressed immagine not having pickled ginger for my sushi????? A friend went two days later and was told they ran out of ginger Duh!!!!! . Stopped going . Too bad loved it because I moved from Momtreal and thought that ,finally I found a comparable restaurant.

• Visited April 2014
saint lambert
“Incontournable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

Ever tyme I go to bathurst, i stop at this place
always good and fresh products.
i love the starter with brie cheese.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank linda g
Bathurst, Canada
“Suberb steaks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

This restaurant is on water front right downtown Bathurst. The food and services are excellent and cannot get better steaks.

• Visited September 2013