“Friendly Staff, Decent Food”
Review of Pizza Delight

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Pizza Delight
Ranked #35 of 42 Restaurants in Gander
Cuisines: Pizza
Texas
“Friendly Staff, Decent Food”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

The staff were so friendly and nice, and were very patient with us when we took forever to figure out what we wanted to order. The food was surprinsingly good and was easy to take back to the motel and reheat. The personal pizza is extremely tiny so this is really more of an appetizer than a meal for an adult but if you add a salad it's a meal. The chicken fettucine alfredo was good.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank BloatedBelly

Twillingate, Canada
“great buffet”
Reviewed March 23, 2012

Food is great and the buffet has a really good selection for price

Martinsville, VA
“This is a great idea for a restaurant chain! Grill your own bread!”
Reviewed March 15, 2012

Fun!!! I wish the kids could have been with me! The food is ok, but grilling your own bread... Fantastic!

• Visited September 2011
St. John's, Canada
“Average food with poor service”
Reviewed September 15, 2011

My wife and I dropped in here for a quick lunch passing through Gander. When we arrived at noon they were taking in the remaining food on the buffet. When we the server that's what we intend on having because we were in a rush she replied "Well there is no one here for lunch so we aren't refilling it" We were willing to take the remainders and make a meal out of it but it was quickly dispersed to staff who sat in a booth and had their own lunch.

The waitress who served us didn't know what garlic finger sizes and forgot a few items from our order including a refill of drink. She didn't seem new, just like someone who didn't care. My order of Chicken Pannini was ok, nothing special but the bread was a surprise. It comes with the free grilled bread you grill yourself at the station. I mean this is Pizza Delight but... they had regular store bought white sliced bread there. Pannini and Toast. .. mmmm . My wife had the Calazone and it too was just ok, seemed like the typical canned ingredients designed in Toronto somewhere.

Its ok for a fast food place ( yes I consider Pizza Delight to be fast food ) . Better service would certainly help here though.

• Visited September 2011
Victoria, Canada
“Best pizza I've ever had!!”
Reviewed August 10, 2010

I grew up in NF and Pizza Delight was always my favorite restaurant. Not sure if it's because it was my childhood favourite, but ever since moving to the Westcoast no pizza seems to compare. On a recent trip back to NF I got to try the PD in Gander and it was just as great as I remembered. Don't skip the garlic fingers either, they are also amazing. Super delicious!