“Small Portions/Slow Service”

Mary Brown's Fried Chicken
Ranked #9 of 42 Restaurants in Gander
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Mary Browns is supposed to be a fast food restaurant, however we waited 20 minutes for our meal and the restaurant wasn't even busy!

1  Thank DwayneNewfoundland

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Went to Mary Brown's in Gander on Sept. 20th while travelling with a colleque from out of town who had never had this chicken before. I was bragging that it was really moist....better than KFC. We went at 11:30 a.m. Maybe that was the mistake. It was the most dried out chicken I've ever eaten. They must cook it at around 10 and leave it under the lamps for several hours in preparation for the lunch hour crowd.. ....disgusting meal.
My recommendation is to go there after the main lunch hour crowd has gone through or else tell them that you'll wait for the latest batch out of the frier.

1  Thank 2TsingTao
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Part of a very popular local chain; the food is certainly palatable but, well, it's more or less what you'd expect, from a chain restaurant known for its friend chicken/potatoes.

Reviewed February 10, 2012

Went to Mary Browns today, ordered a 3 piece finger MEAL. When we arrived home there was no pop and we were over charged. I called and was talking to the manager and she said there was nothing she could do, if we wanted we could return what we had and she could give me the right order! On a day like today when all the school have been cancelled (snowstorm). I asked he if she can deliver and she said "no" because the cab driver wont return the old order...................... The old order is going to go in the garbage anyway!!!!! The manager was very rude, and did NOT want to help me as a customer, usually ur supose to help the customer, do what u can so u know they will come back, a little tip....................... ur not supose to do the opposite, just incase u didnt know!!!!

Reviewed October 15, 2011

This fast food stop offered a reasonably good chicken dinner and was walking distance from the hotel. There are not many other places to eat in Gander so for us, this was a good choice.

1  Thank MMills310