“Clean comfortable good for passing through”

Country Inn Motel & RV Park
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Gander
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We stopped here for one night enroute to trinity. Gander itself isn't very inspiring for a tourist and next time I would just carry on to trinity. The country inn provided very good value for a very comfortable sleep. Yes the walls are paper thin but no noise carried on late. The room was clean, although there was a small line of mould along the seam in the shower. A detail that should be tended to . I had already read about the non breakfast so we brought our own to eat in the breakfast room.
The inn is our of the way so no walking to any nearby eateries ,and we found the little pond and campground rather forlorn so only got a short walk there to stretch our legs. For a one night layover it was just fine. Probably a lot quieter than the motel row we saw on the busy highway.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 22, 2013

The place was quite comfortable. We had some stuff to refridgerate and we were allowed to put it in one of their fridges. The breakfast is rather poor ... nothing but toast. The wifi worked well. The location is a bit out of the way but nothing is really that far away. The bathroom looked really new and clean, but there was nowhere to put our toiletries ... we ended up bringing a chair into the (large) bathroom to put our stuff on.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We spent 9 days at the cottage. The cottage had everything needed for a short stay. As others have mentioned the beds were very comfortable. Great to sit on the deck and relax in the evening.The owner was helpful and staff were friendly. I will be back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Very clean. The people who run it -very friendly and accomodating.
I needed a fridge in my room, no problem.
I wanted to use the kettle in the breakfast room - no problem.
Very close to Cobbs Pond where there is a lovely walking trail.
Beds are comfy. Room has everything you need.
Much quieter than the hotels on the TransCanada where you can hear trucks going by all night.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank cowsonthefarm
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed for a single night at this cottage on our trip across Newfoundland. It made a great midway stop, just off the highway. The cottage was well equipped with lovely shower and very comfortable beds. There was a gas fired BBQ on the patio though it was a bit fast encrusted. The owners are very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jascal
Reviewed June 3, 2013

This motel was very noisy. The walls were paper thin and very late into the evening I could hear two loud women talking 3 rooms away; and I was in my room. Also, it is right off the highway and traffic noise was heard all night.
The motel has an adjacent RV park attached and being early in the season, there were only a few trailers present but one was playing his music very loudly. This, however ended before midnight.
Their business card stated free wireless Internet and continental breakfast. All evening I was unable to connect with the WiFi even though the indicator said the signal was strong. Someone else told me that they couldn't connect either and both of us had different providers.
The continental breakfast included coffee, tea or juice and toast. At least they had real creamers for my coffee.
I've had hundreds of continental breakfasts and this was the sparsest.
I definitely will never return.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Tombassinger
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Nice little place, away from the highway. We were not sure of the place when we arrived but after looking at the rooms we were hooked! We had a queen bed that was very comfortable, flat screen TV, coffee maker, radio, table and chairs - all very nice and clean. Very pleasant staff and the owner was on site several times while we were there. The whole place was tastefully decorated, not the first impression we had when we drove up. There was toast, juice, and coffee for breakfast. Free wireless internet - overall a great value. This is where we will stay the next time in Gander, I wish I had known about it before!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends