“Recommended for business travelers”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Gander
“Recommended for business travelers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Stopped in for a single night based on tripadvisor ratings. Good value, room was clean and service on check-in was certainly friendly & helpful. Very quiet too. Only minor thing is that given 5 pillows to choose from, would have preferred to have variation in their density - they were all same. I would stay again.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Bayman1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

I travel a lot for business but have never stayed in this establishment. I was very surprised how quiet, clean and economical this hotel was compared to others that I have stayed in for this area. The room was very clean and had lots of towels. The rooms are large with all the necessary items. Having the hotel and restaurant joined was really convenient, especially considering all the rain on the night I stayed. The continental breakfast had a great variety and was a nice touch. I would have no problem returning to this hotel.

Room Tip: Stay on the second floor for a quieter experience.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank 835Dolores709
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had low hopes for this hotel prior to arriving, but was very pleasantly surprised once I did get here. The front desk staff Roger and Nancy exceeded my expectations with how friendly and welcoming they were.
My room was newly renovated and very spacious with modern fixtures.
The hotel, even though it was right off the highway was very quiet.
The complementary breakfast had a great offering as well.
I definitely recommend this hotel when staying in Gander.

Room Tip: Book the king suite
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank cuddlypolarbear
St. John's, NL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Have stayed many times this past year at this Comfort Inn
Quality bedding and linens always matter to me and a good bed, well that's a basic.
Particularly like the fact that the windows open - fresh air helps me sleep.
The morning continental is great and can' grab and go' as needed
Fridge, micro and coffee in the room with lots of hot water and super clean bathroom
Nancy on the front desk is a gem and Karen the manager is on her game -- both are there to help and care that my stay was relaxing and enjoyable,

Room Tip: Rooms on the back are quieter
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank GoodFood&Drink
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

I stayed over night in a king suite. It was a Saturday night and I was driving across the island. I was very tired when I arrived. I thought there would be a lot of noise, but it was all good. I slept from 9:00 pm to 7:00 am. The room was clean and the service( staff friendly and helpful) was excellent. It is right of the highway, so if people expect not to hear the cars etc..then they should not pick one by the side of the road. I have no complaints at all.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

For the price of this motel we were expecting something a tad nicer but this motel is literally right off the Trans Canada Highway (TCH) so needless to say, our room was extremely noisy. We could hear each and every vehicle that drove by so it was hard to sleep with the noise. The other big issue we had was the mosquitoes. There were several mosquitoes in our room and every time we opened the door (to go to the car or get breakfast, etc), more bugs came in. We were up until midnight trying to kill the bugs in our room.

The king bed was fine and the bathroom was fine although dated. They provide body lotion, shampoo, conditioner and bar soap as well as a make-up remover wipe but no shower cap. There is also no fan in the bathroom nor window.

We had a suite so there was a mini fridge and a microwave as well as a couch and two TV's -- why we needed two TV's, I don't know but the more the merrier.

The continental breakfast was a good deal as it had hard boiled eggs, coffee, tea, toast, and yogurt.

The woman at the front desk (I believe her name is Karen) is extremely friendly and nice.

Potential guests should keep in mind that this is a motel that is right off the highway (e.g. next to Jungle Jims and near a gas station) so it's noisy. We only stayed there as a pit stop on the way to Gros Morne since the drive from St. John's was so long.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the highway.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BloatedBelly
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

Very comfortable king-size bed, reasonable price. Temperature in the room was easily controlled. I had no trouble getting the TV to work (Sometimes it can be very complicated, if you know what I mean). Continental breakfast was perfect, and coffee was excellent. Nice front desk people. I was hitting the road early next morning and they allowed me to store a sandwich in their fridge. Much appreciated.

Room Tip: I didn't have any kind of a view but then I didn't need a view either. If that's importa...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gander
Sinbad's Hotel and Suites
#1 of 1 in Gaultois
Dockside Motel
Dockside Motel
#1 of 2 in St Barbe

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!