“Large heaping meals for a great price”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Shangri-La

Shangri-La
Ranked #11 of 93 Restaurants in Lloydminster
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Saskatoon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Large heaping meals for a great price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2010

Actual breaded chicken breast as chicken burgers.
Huge real ground beef burger paddies.
Juiciest pork chops.

Awesome Chinese food. Recommendations: Ginger beer, Shanghi Noodles, Dx Wonton Soup.

All food is purchased locally in Lloydminster and prepared fresh daily. May is always running around in the morning everyday shopping for the days inventory.

The restaurant is ran and owed by Michael and May. The service may be a slow and take-outs are hard to place at times, but this is because of the small staff of 2.

Location, building and atmosphere is a little rough around the edges, but you must come in and give this place a try. I promise you will come back.

They have been in business for over 15 years with no signs and or advertisement. Its tucked away in the Lloyd Motor Inn. They have been in operation and doing successfully by world of mouth.

Oh and lastly, Best Iced Teas ever, May has mastered the perfect mix. Check it out.

1 Thank ChrisKwan

Lloydminster, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It isn't just chinese. Have you checked out their cheeseburgers?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2010

I've been going there for a few years now. Let me just say this; it isn't just Chinese that keeps pulling me back. They have a cheeseburger for about 2.75$ last time I bothered to look at the menu. Two ground beef patties, three slices of cheese, all on a sesame seed bun.(let alone anything else you may wish to add.) With just the basics I have a hard time holding it and usually I have to wear away at it. You Can't Bite from Top to Bottom; unless you've got a hinged jaw or a head like Frank Butt.

Let's be honest here; it Needs to be on a sesame seed bun. Each burger is significantly larger then your normal 1/4lb; frankly each one is closer to 1/2lb of ground beef. I've never found anywhere in town with a burger that gets even close to that. It isn't grilled, i think it's fried. As such it's a little greasy and doesn't have that awesome charcoal taste. Nonetheless it is huge, tasty, and cheap. I recommend you tell them to hold the fries that come with. They are good fries, but by the time your done the burger you'll usually be full.

Notably the cost per person is what I pay for a cheeseburger and an ice tea with a buck fifty tip. If I just wrote $2.75 people would think I was nuts. If you want shrimp platters, combination's, and other larger group sort of meals you'll have to check it out yourself. Just keep in mind that everything you order is going to be coming in jumbo size. Chances are you will have left overs for another meal, possibly two. It's extremely easy to over order. I know I did, reason I don't bother ordering fries anymore. I only eat one big meal a day and their cheeseburger is enough to fill me up. Heck some days I can't even finish the thing.

1 Thank Satudo
Saskatchewan
“The best chinese food in lloydminster”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2009

My family and I absolutely love the food from Shagri-La. It is the only chinese food place in lloydminster, sask that we will order from. Also their prices cannot be beat, you get alot of food for a very reasonable price.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“great food and good portions for the price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2008

great food and good portions for the price

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook