“Very nice hotel! Clean with a great location.”

Best Western Plus Meridian Hotel
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Lloydminster
GreenLeadersGold level
St. Albert, Canada
“Very nice hotel! Clean with a great location.”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed at tis hotel over the past weekend. It is very clean and quiet. We booked on the 4th floor so you need a room key to access the elevator to that floor. The complimentary breakfast in the morning was a nice touch! Our room had a steam shower and jetted tub so we had a chance to use both.
There is a pedway connecting the hotel to the sports arena.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
MARLENE N, General Manager at Best Western Plus Meridian Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Ed, Thank you for your positive review - we are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Reviewed March 6, 2013

This hotel was beautiful , I'd reccomend it to anyone, everyone is polite especially the front desk staff! I came across two ladies the night I checked in who were both very welcoming and instantly made me feel at home! Jessica and Taylor made a very good first impression ( these are the only ladies I've seen ). I really enjoyed the room it was extremely clean and the beds were wonderful! The breakfast in the morning was good, although the breakfast lady Tereasa was help full , she was also a bit to personal with her questions and that made me a bit uncomfortable. I didn't think some of the questions were appropriate to be asking a guest about their personal life. But that might just be me. Other than that my stay was perfect and based on what I seen this hotel has very friendly and welcoming staff and I hope others enjoyed it as much as I did.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Daxtyn
MARLENE N, General Manager at Best Western Plus Meridian Hotel, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Daxtyn, We strive to make our hotel a "home away from home" and we are happy that you enjoyed our hospitality and wonderful pillow-top beds. I apologize on behalf of Theresa as she did not intend to make you feel uncomfortable in any way. She enjoys getting to know our guests and engages everyone in conversation so they feel welcome and we can better meet their needs. It is our hope that you will choose to come back and visit us again!
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

I had one of my best hotel stays at the West Harvest Express in Lloydminster. The front desk staff was a delightful bunch, not to mention the great service we received from Jessica. The rooms were wonderful, nothing to complain about however, breakfast was nothing to rave about and thats not just because of the food. The lady in charge of breakfast was rather obnoxious, though she came off as friendly at first, she became rather noisy. She seemed to be a little more concerned about her reputation rather than the hotel as a whole. Other than that it was a great stay and we will definitely be back again. Also thought I would mention that the access to the gym in the sportsplex next door was a great feature.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
MARLENE N, General Manager at Best Western Plus Meridian Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
We are so pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay! Our free hot breakfast offers choice and variety, especially for guests that stay more than one day. We welcome any suggestions that can help us improve. Having a friendly, helpful person available to assist our guests every morning in the breakfast bar is critical. She takes great pride and accountability in her role and cares about the reputation of the hotel. I regret that you may have felt otherwise as she is genuinely a team player and cares above and beyond about our guests experience.
Wooster, Arkansas
Reviewed February 15, 2013

They have a great breakfast every morning. Good friendly staff, clean rooms, BBQ grill on the back patio for customers to use. Theresa at breakfast is very friendly and always ready to serve. I would stay here again and have already made more reservations.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank OFTRASH
MARLENE N, General Manager at Best Western Plus Meridian Hotel, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on the world's largest travel site! This is one of the ways we measure if we are meeting and hopefully exceeding our guest expectations. Our goal is have guests stay with us again and to recommend us to others. We are committed to customer care and sincerely appreciate your loyalty. We look forward to your next stay!
edmonton
Reviewed February 13, 2013

this hotel is outrageously priced for what you get. We came in late, no-one else was booking, and all they had left was a room with a large bed and 4 bunks-called the family room. We are 2 very tired seniors, do not need that room ---but too bad--we still got charged the price of that family room. Front desk staff almost clapping that they got 2 seniors that were too tired on a very blizzardy evening to go driving around, looking for something cheaper. Terrible to tell us that "sorry that was the price if we wanted that room. Cannot recommend. Front staff had the "too bad for you " attitude.

Room Tip: Go to Ramada Inn Lloydminster for a great room, great price, great service
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
MARLENE N, General Manager at Best Western Plus Meridian Hotel, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
We normally get excellent feedback about our staff and the comfort of our rooms, so we are very disappointed by your review. I regret that we did not have a room type available that you wanted, but if the hotel is almost sold out the choices are limited. We value our seniors and offer senior rates. We hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future.
Lloydminster, Canada
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I spend a lot of time during the winter at this hotel. I am impressed with the high standard of service that is maintained by the staff, whether at the front desk, housekeeping or breakfasts being served. Best place in Lloydminster by a mile !!!

Room Tip: 4th floor is the quietest.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Dan S
Alberta
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Was very happy to stay here.
Clean and well appointed rooms.
I stayed here because I thought it was brand new, turns out it is at least 4 yrs old.
You would never know, it is so well looked after.
Great friendy service. The only thing that I would change is the breakfast.
While it is nicely laid out and attended to, I wish that they would just serve regular
eggs (scramled or just fried). Both days they were made in a "special" way, like they were
trying to be fancy with them. One day the eggs were made with a bunch of stuff mixed in them and the next it was some kind of wierd looking omelette, Not everybody likes mystery stuff in their food.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business