“The loveliest restaurant with live music and fantastic food” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Root Community Emporium
Ranked #11 of 93 Restaurants in Lloydminster
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“The loveliest restaurant with live music and fantastic food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

I travel frequently and always love when I come upon a place like the Root. It's run with a freedoms loving crew of community oriented staff headed by Amanda. She's a fantastic human being who's supports local community services to hire all kinds of staff. Even some with special needs. This does not take away from service or quality, but rather adds to the open hearted vibe.

Now let's chat about the AMAZING food. Healthy, tasty, tons of options and if it's happens to be a special event - a fantastic set menu.

There is usually some kind of live music which has turned this place into a community hub for creative folks and restaurant goers alike. Make sure to grab some crepes on your way out of town for brunch.

I can't wait to come back.

Visited February 2014

“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

Live music, super great food!! A nice relaxing atmosphere and it feels like your not even in Lloyd which is GREAT! LOVE IT! I go there as much as I can

• Visited February 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Go for healthy, delicious food and lovely service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

Like others have said, what a hidden gem! My friend and I went while passing through Lloyminster and had the best meal here!

IF THEY HAVE LEMON MERINGUE PIE - GET IT!!!! The graham cracker crust was to die for!

I shared a green curry full of fresh veggies and a creative fish dish. I especially loved the fish. Great portion sizes. The server was really helpful around our dietary restrictions. Nice eclectic, cool atmosphere.

Also go for their live music - we happened to go when there was a Canadian folk band playing, it was super cute! Would be a great place to hang out if you have more time.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Toronto, Canada
“A gem in Lloydminster. You have to go!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

I was passing through Lloydminster last week and can't say I had very high hopes for a great meal, so I was pleasantly surprised finding the Root! The atmosphere was amazing, our server was so friendly I was impressed right away. The food didn't disappoint either! I had the wild northern pike which was amazing! Oh my goodness, you need to try it! I have a few dietary restrictions, I don't eat dairy or gluten, and I've had a hard time finding delicious options on my trip. These weren't a problem at all here, they had a bunch of things to choose from and we're really helpful in recommending options.

If you're in Lloydminster, you 100% need to try the Root.

Calgary, Canada
“Inspired & Refreshing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

Just had the most amazing dining experience! The meal (including dessert) was delicious from start to finish and very nicely presented. My meal of chick-pea soup, freshly baked multigrain bread, minced zucchini and corn (formed and topped with alfalfa sprouts), potatoes and pork chop was prepared with locally sourced ingredients. The person who served me was pleasant, considerate and gracious --- which seemed to be the tone of the entire restaurant.

The decor is "relaxed Alberta country" and very comfortable.The many pieces of art throughout the restaurant, the music that was playing, and the good acoustics all contributed to the positive experience.

I found The Root through tripadvisor.ca and am so glad I did!