“Best in the West”

The Root Community Emporium
Reserve with OpenTable
The Root Community Emporium is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 97 Restaurants in Lloydminster
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

I spend my time on the road and finding this little piece of paradise was a delight. The menu is small but everything on it is worthwhile. Farm fresh organic foods with vegan options. Also an amazing place for art and music. The owner and staff are both friendly and accommodating.

Amanda You Rock'

Reviewed July 15, 2013

The root: community emporium has amazing food - the kind of food you get at a resort, only it is locally sourced in Lloyd and area. The decor feels like home. Artsy. Decorated with all different kinds of furniture mixed with funky colours and down home barn wood. There are outdoor tables in the summer. The walls are full of local art and there is an art market of local arts & crafts in cupboards around the room. They cater to those who need to be or choose to be gluten free. I have other allergies and they are always happy to check for/adapt options for me. Check their calendar on fb for live music. There are also added activities such as dance classes, yoga classes, art workshops, film nights, open mike nights and knit nights. It is a real community hub and has changed downtown Lloydminster in a most positive way!

Reviewed June 7, 2013

As a local for many years in the Lloydminster area, it is very refreshing to see a restaurant that is quirky with a new attitude in a place big on chain restaurants and bars/pubs.
As you as you enter the restaurant you can tell that the atmosphere is more laid back and approacable.
Every meal I have had, I am stuff with some cases boxes up the leftovers to have at home.
Now I have only gone Open Mic Tuesdays which have had great selection of local and out of town performers.
I recommend to everyone, living in or passing through Lloydminster

Reviewed May 5, 2013

The Root is one of the friendliest places in Lloydminster. Being from a metropolitan area, The Root is the kind of place I feel at home at. The decor is beautiful, a mismatched collection of furniture and local art. While the seating and tables seem, at first, like you're dining at a high-end antique furniture store, it quickly starts to feel home-y.

The staff were really friendly. Amanda, the owner, is a stand-out type of person, who managed to co-ordinate arguably the best food in town with a continuous stream of indie-music talent and artists.

I had the Buffalo Empanada with Quinoa and it was excellent. Each meal is expertly prepared and plated.

Of the places to visit in Lloydminster, this is a must.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I continue to go here (I don't know why) but I am losing hope in them. The idea is there, just lacking in a few different aspects:
1. Portion sizes. Very VERY small. I'm not a huge eater, actually, I hardly ever finish a full meal anywhere else. But at The Root, every time I leave, my stomach is still growling!
2. The water is ALWAYS warm. I like my water cold, ice cold!
3. The service. The service is always a little "off". I almost feel like I am at a hippie gathering because the dress is not professional and our server always seems to be a bit too "careless".
I love what they are doing for the community they just need to step things up a bit before they can consider themselves anything remotely close to satisfactory.

2  Thank LenMaria