“Growing Pains”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Calgary, Canada
“Growing Pains”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I've been to The Root a handful of times. In theory it is a great place for that niche market in Lloydminster; however, I have been disappointed everytime. Namely its been the food because I enjoy the decor and the artwork scattered across the walls. The food has been quite bland and the portion sizes have been very small for the prices you pay. Once I had a crepe which they serve on the weekends and it was a undercooked crepe drenched in a sauce - so as you can imagine it was a pastey goo, not appetizing at the least.

Next time I go I will just have a drink and listen to some live music and eat at home!

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank teeedot

Lloydminster, Canada
“x”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Been there 3 times. First time they were"out of food." Seriously.
Second time. They were almost out only had two options left and they were both dessert. Seriously.
Third time I was with my elderly mother. The restaurant was not open indoors. If we wanted anything we had to sit outside in the wind.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank julie *
Velddrif, South Africa
“The way to go!”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Had a lovely dinner at the Root. Very cosy atmosphere, attentive service and good wine! In a world of mass produced food, it is a breath of fresh air to find an establishment where fresh ingredients are being used in the preparation of every item on the menu.
The decor is stylish yet quirky and the art work displayed in the restaurant adds an interesting angle to the already creative interior. Keep it up - we will be back :-)

sask Canada
“Worst experience”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We went here just after this place opened to check it out. The service was horrible, portion sizes very small. And I was horrified to watch the chef while putting the dusting on someones dessert .......The chef actually blew the excess dusting off the plate.....this made me sick and I had to leave
Now this is a year later and I do hope things have changed there ...I could never go back though

• Visited October 2011
2 Thank justmesk49
Lloydminster
“Best you could ask for in Lloyd...filling a niche nobody knew existed...”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Great food, great company and great ambience! You couldn't ask for anything more...except for knitting night and they have that too. Not only is the food delicious and fresh, the root shares talent with the community through art and music. Love love love it....

• Visited August 2012