“$160.00 no wireless or breakfast. Strong marijuana smell in hallway”

Days Hotel & Suites - Lloydminster
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Lloydminster
Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Place isn't worth the cost. Restaurant is way overpriced, no breakfast, very strong marijuana smell in hallway and no wifi. Carpet dirty bathroom tiny. I wont stay here again. No surprise why its not a Best Western anymore.

• Stayed: December 2012
Janice M, General Manager at Days Hotel & Suites - Lloydminster, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to see that we did not meet your expectations.
I hope that you reported the smell of marijuana to the Front Desk as it is absolutely not acceptable to me that any guest would use the substance in our hotel. We have and will ask people to leave if this what they choose to do so.
I am surprised that you did not have any internet, however, having said that we are aware that it is not strong enough and just completed having new cables run throughout the hotel. This will allow us to upgrade the internet early January.
If you are coming back to LLoydminster please call me-Janice- directly so that i may personally take care of your reservation.
Please accept my apologies for your experience and i hope that you will give us the opportunity to exceed your expectations on your next visit.
Yours in Hospitality
Janice

Reviewed December 12, 2012

We stayed here because of a hockey tournament Dec.7-9. We were not very pleased with the way things were ran here and therefore, this affects the rating. When I called to book our room 1 month before our arrival, I was only booked in for 1 night, when I was very clear about needing to be there for the whole weekend (tournament). When I called back to confirm our reservations, they then found only 1 night was booked. Upon arrival, the positive, it is right beside a Tim Horton's!! The hotel is an obviously older hotel that has been updated. When checking in, I was told the 2queen room I booked a month ago was not available as the lock was broken on the door and because they were over booked, I would only be getting a 1 double bed and a loveseat pull out room. Needless to say, I was upset. The thought of my kids having to sleep on a pullout (very uncomfortable) for a weekend of hockey was very upsetting to me. They told me there was nothing they could do about this and that it was all they had. They also told me that they have had many issues of overbooking since they have been under new management. The room itself was updated. White linens, clean room and new bathroom. There was a VERY small fridge in the room as well as a microwave and a flat screen tv. The fabric on the loveseat and the chairs in the room were very soiled (black). The carpet was new and clean. The blanket on the pullout bed was dirty and stained. The beds were worn so that you both rolled to the middle. Lots of pillows. Shower was nice, but you had to turn on only the hot water for it to be hot enough. There is no continental breakfast for $140/night which I thought was poor. The pool was very small- rules state it is not to exceed 8 people. Hallways were smoke smelling as there are smoking floors at this hotel. We did not use room service or eat at the hotel. House keeping was very early each morning, knocking on doors that didn't have a do not disturb sign on them at 8am. This place was just ok, but poor customer service drops my rating. I would choose elsewhere to stay if I were visiting Lloydminster again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Please accept my apologies for not meeting your expectations.
Thank you for bringing to my attention the sign at the pool. I am new at the hotel and had not noticed it. We do have a standard size pool and will easily accommodate at least 20 people. I will have that corrected.
I am not sure what happened with your original reservation however if it was with a group the block may have only been for one night. When you phoned the desk should have made a second reservation for you at the contracted rate. We were full that night and if the lock was not working we could not safely put you in the room that we had assigned so I am certain that the Front Desk Agent did their best which in this case really did not meet your needs.
I have spoken with housekeeping today to ensure that they do not knock on doors for occupied room at 8 am. That is definitely too early. If you have time please call me at the hotel-780-875-4404 ext 750 so that we can discuss this further.
Once again please accept my apologies for everything that went wrong during your stay and I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Yours in Hospitality
Janice

Reviewed November 28, 2012

This is just an average place. I would not say it is bad, just dated.
This was my 9th choice in lloydminster (I called 8 before this one and they were all booked up)
There was no events going on and this was a TUESDAY so this town just needs more hotels !
My room was nice enough but the only room they had was a smoking room which has that nasty smell of cigarettes. It was on the first floor and real close to the lobby so there was a lot of noise from everybody in the place walking back and forth talking and pushing carts.
Room was clean but you could see the odd stain in odd places around the room that would be easy so miss.
No continental breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Our Non-Smoking room was an Old Smoking Room that had been cheaply cleaned and renoed. The Towels were dirty and smelled of niicotine .. The shower curtain is stained with smoke and nicotine. The Shower only gives scalding Hot water or fridgid cold water.. Staff service is terrible and they have an uncarring attitude.. I recomend staying Elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family