Ramada Lloydminster
$79
Royal Hotel(Lloydminster)
$77
TripAdvisor
Meridian Inn & Suites(Lloydminster)
Good Knight Inn(Lloydminster)
TripAdvisor
All reviewscheese and crackersevening receptionthe owner managerfront deska king size bedcontinental breakfastnicer hotelsin townvery pleasant stayclean hotelfree wifiplace to staythe breakfast areagreat breakfastmunchiesclaireamenites
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I stayed here on a business trip and was very comfortable. The staff was helpful and kind. The only loss of points here is because sometimes the other people staying here have diesel work trucks and on 2 of the 5 times I've stayed, it is LOUD when they start them up in the early mornings. At least it doesn't last long. But be aware, this is the BEST place to stay that I have found in Lloydminster. Others are nowhere near as nice. A basic breakfast is included - no frills but definitely enough to start your day.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Ramada-Lloydminster, Front Office Manager at Ramada Lloydminster, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Hello traveldreamer02,

We are grateful that you took time out of your busy life to put in a nice review and for appreciating our helpful and kind staff. Although we feel sorry that in some of your stays, you were bothered about the loud noise of other guests' diesel work trucks in some mornings. Perhaps on your next stay, we can do something to make your accommodation be a lot better. A request to be on a quieter floor, away from the streets might help and we will make sure we will meet our guests' needs as much as possible--the best way we can. We look forward to see you again. Enjoy your summer! - Jane M.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

The courteous and friendly staff made my stay most rememorable. I felt very welcomed and appreciated that I choose thier Lodge for my accomodations.

This was underscored Tuesday night when they hosted a Managers Appreciation Beer and Wine function free of charge for all guests. This event is held Monday - Wednesday each week.

My clean and comfortable room with a King size bed was a treat!

Highly recommended!!

Dear Dustin F,

Thank you for your kind words and very nice remarks about your stay. We take pride in having our friendly and courteous staff. It's nice to hear you enjoyed our Manager's Reception and that having the King bed did give you a nice treat! Thank you for stating that our property is highly recommended. Have a great summer and we are excited to welcome you again. - Jane M.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We have been on the road staying at a different hotel ( in a different city) every night for two weeks now. We stayed at the westin in edmonton, the sheraton in calgary, holiday inn and so on. This hotel was THE MOST EXPENSIVE and offered the LEAST AMOUNT!!!! I must say that the front desk lady - KATIE - was very nice. That is the ONLY POSITIVE. The market will bear the cost, I suppose, so the hotel gauges the customer!!! No pool, a TINY " fitness room", a tiny room - not very modern at all, no hair dryer, threadbare towels ( tiny ones to boot), an extremely loud and very efficient air conditioner, cheap motel size bars of soap and the free breakfast was a joke!!!! There is not even a restaurant at this hotel.
This is the first time that I have ever written a review. I read them and rely on them when I book hotels, so I feel I MUST write and warn people. Look around town. Find something else. WE WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN. THIS HOTEL DOES NOT DESERVE TO BE A RAMADA ( or any other name for that matter. It should be called the NO TELL MOTEL)
When we asked why the price was so high - when other ramandas were ALOT LESS - we were told " it's because this hotel is privately owned by tony verbisky and since government people stay there/here and do not pay for the rooms out of their pocket....we can charge this rate" REALLY??????? I guess that's where our tax dollars go. Why support this hotel and attitude?????

3  Thank gottatravelots
Ramada-Lloydminster, Owner at Ramada Lloydminster, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

I am writing this response out of the passion and pride that our hotel has to consistently provide the very best customer service, cleanliness and product delivery. I am very concerned about this review as I believe we were targeted by this guest who lied about numerous items and personally insulted me and our property. This was a personal attempt to damage our reputation through untruths and insults. The facts are that we are an A property according to Ramada and the Alberta Hotel and Lodging Association. This is further supported by you, tripadvisor. We have received the Certificate of Excellence 2013, currently ranked number one in Lloydminster, Alberta by tripadvisor, and received 40 out of 50 reviews showing an excellent or very good rating. I will not stoop to the level that this guest has but I believe that our reputation speaks for itself and it is very clear that this guest is trying to tarnish our reputation and ranking on your site. There should be some considerations made by tripadvisor to identify and react appropriately towards people that intentionally lie and try to damage the reputation of a proven property.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

The hotel was very clean. Staff were super friendly and helpful. The owner/manager greeting us to see if there is anything we needed. The continential breakfast had a fair selection and everything was fresh. Rooms were very comfortable. Housekeeping was attentive to every detail. The happy hour with wine and cheese was unexpected but a very nice touch. The only negative is that the construction of the building is such that you can hear people walking around above you. Other than that I would rate it at 9.8 out of 10.

Room Tip: Try to get the rooms on the 3rd floor so that you don't have someone above you.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Ramada-Lloydminster, Front Office Manager at Ramada Lloydminster, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear Harvey L,

It's always so nice to hear an almost perfect review from our valued guest. Thanks for putting in one! We look forward on your next stay and be of service to you again--the best way we can. We value your business. - Jane M.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Pros:
Friendly staff
Clean
Decent complimentary breakfast
Up-to-date decor
Quality TV and channels

Cons:
Floors/Walls fairly thin (mostly floors, can hear a lot of footsteps above)
Ice/vending only on main floor

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Hi jason_moffat,

Thank you for putting in your review. We appreciate both of your pros and cons observations. On all the positive and negative reviews/comments we get, the whole team uses them to improve more and be better. We hope to have you again and we appreciate you business. - Jane M.