“Comfy Beds, Clean, Good Breakfast”
Review of Best Lodge Motel

Best Lodge Motel
Best Lodge Motel
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Lloydminster
Wawa, Canada
“Comfy Beds, Clean, Good Breakfast”
Reviewed November 18, 2011

Chose this motel because it was beside Boston Pizza. We knew right away that it was a typical Independent hotel that caters to Workers. The price was right and we travel with earplugs anyway. We found the room clean, the beds were very comfortable, and the breakfast had long hours and a nice selection.

Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Maureen H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
elora
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Wow i think the title says it all,hanging off the balcony spitting into parking lot below?oil rig workers puking in parking lot yes a real top knotch motel,clean my @#$%*the management are equally unpleasant.if you are considering this motel don't and you might want to just keep driving to another town....vegreville is,clean and cheap rooms at a few locations.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank chris f

Travelers are raving about these Lloydminster hotels

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed May 25, 2010

I really don’t have many good things to say about this Motel. We booked it given its rank in trip advisor and given the price shown. We thought we would be staying in a decent motel, with a good continental breakfast, for a decent rate….WRONG!!! For $76, this Motel was a rip off. As you can see form my contribution history, I usually have nice things to say, but the Best Lodge Motel in Lloydminster really left me with a bad feeling. I will not return, I will not recommend anybody stay here. For the price I paid, try somewhere else, or pay the few extra bucks for something nice at the newer hotels in town. For that kind of rate, I expected something more.

Condition:
The place is in desperate need of repair. Our room appeared dirty, old, and worn. It was not a place where I should have stayed with my family and young toddler. It was one of those rooms where you want to leave your shoes on. Furniture was out-dated and worn, the walls dirty, the bed spread faded and filthy. The bathroom had newer tiles but was in disrepair as well with a broken towel rack. The outside stair case leading up the upper floors was also in poor condition. You would think they would at least pick up the garbage around it. Although there is some construction going on, you would think they would tidy up a bit.

Beds:
Old and uncomfortable. We were under the impression that the bed was a Queen. Wrong! It was a double bed.

Noise:
The room was incredibly noisy! We heard every word of all the drunks outside fighting and running around the balconies outside the rooms for over an hour. If the owner lived in the Motel, why didn’t he ask them to be quiet? It was terrible and I’m sure every guest that night heard all the craziness. Now, I know this was an isolated incident but it goes to show how little noise insulation there is. When the BP’s lounge and Original Joe’s let out (these bars are just west of the Motel) and its patrons head over to the 24 hours McDonald’s for a snack (which is also just west of the Motel) you hear everything. Also, just to let you know, somebody poured a drink or something on our car windshield. Given all the drunks frequenting the area, I’d think twice about leaving a nice car or any car in the Motel parking lot overnight on a Friday or Saturday.

Continental Breakfast:
Unfortunately, the little restaurant in this Motel was closed on the day we were there. Prices seemed low and we were looking forward to a nice little breakfast (given the past review). The dining room was open for Motel guests but all we were left was some bread for toast, cereal with no milk, and some disgusting juice. Again, what a rip off. The attendant lady with the brush cut hair seemed to have a chip on her shoulder as well. What a ray of sunshine she was! Service was non-existent, the place was dirty.

So, in summary, we had a bad experience at the Best Lodge Motel in Lloyd. Now, I realize that certain things happened that might be out of the control of management and plain bad luck (the drunks, the restaurant closure, the windshield) but I tend to believe that bad management and a bad establishment breeds these sort of unlucky scenarios. Also, there is no excuse for a dirty environment, tired & dirty rooms, disrepair, and poor/unfriendly service. Also, who doesn’t leave milk out with cereal???!!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank Beerboy
Edmonton
Reviewed November 9, 2009

Nice spacious rooms. Great Value for the money. Checked several places in town and this was nice for location and friendly front desk staff. Free breakfast was DELICIOUS! Definitely wil return here.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank hamdam
Saskatoon
Reviewed November 10, 2008

This was the only place that had a room in town, and now I know why. Arrived at hotel and discovered rate was $10 more than what was quoted on the phone. Upon entering the room, the floor seemed to feel funny and discovered the laminate had lifted and seperated so bad to the point that the joints would pinch bare feet, however was covered in a film that wearing shoes in the room turned into a must. Upon going to bed, I discovered the box spring was broken, and I had to sleep in a bent position. Being late at night, no other rooms anywhere in town, and I had to get going early in the morning, I had no choice but to tough it out. At 3am, a fight broke out just outside the door. A party above us kept going until about 4 am. Finally we went to sleep, woke up and I started to pack the car. Open the door to a rather large pool of blood on the sidewalk in front of the door When I went to the desk, I interupted the clerk in the middle of a text message, When she finally acknowledged me, I mentioned the broken bed, she asked if I broke it and when I said "no", she said, "good, that way I won't have to charge you for it." When I complained about the party, she said she did her best to evict them, but they wouldn't go, so eventually the cops came. I was not offered any sort of a refund or credit, and certainly no apologies. I was glad to get out of there that I was not going to discuss it further.

• Liked — There was not one single thing I liked about it.
  • Disliked — The disgusting condition, sticky broken floor, broken bed
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank canuck9876
Sudbury
Reviewed September 26, 2008

Really nice for price which included a continental breakfast between 6 - 10 AM.

Actually of all the places we stayed - this was my favorite.

Senior's rate was at age 60.

Very large room with queen-sized bed, larger TV than most. There was a full-sized fridge, microwave, and even a hair dryer.

Lobby had a computer with internet that clients could use for 20 minutes at a time.

Office open 24 hours a day. Office clerk was very friendly and honest.

Boston Pizza next door. Walmart very close. Right on main business route.

Breakfast consists of:

muffins, boiled eggs, waffles, cereal, toast, danish, apples, etc.

We paid $59.95 ($65.35 with tax) for 1 bed - 2 people.

• Liked — Price, location, Breakfast, Someone in office 24 hours a day, well-lit
  • Disliked — climing 2 sets of stairs (would be okay for disabilities with got main floor)
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank ajobebrown