“I expect to return many times.”
Review of Cview Restaurant

Cview Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Cview Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I have eaten here three times now and all of my experiences have been excellent. The view, the ambiance, and the service have all been outstanding. Their staff is obviously well trained and able to explain the food and beverage menus accurately. There is an excellent selection of top quality craft beers although I would like to see more local Vancouver Island beers such as those from the Phillips and Driftwood Breweries. I did not study the wine list closely enough to comment on it. On my first visit, I had a set luncheon of a Thai Noodle Salad which was which had fresh and very clean flavours but could have used a little more seasoning. For my next meal I had the mussels appetizer and a pizza and they were uniformly excellent. Most recently I had the seafood linguine which I also enjoyed thoroughly. My overall experience here has been excellent and I expect to return many more times.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

We were told what a great restaurant it was and it sure measured up. The food, the atmosphere and the service were great. We arrived without making a reservation but fortunately they had a table for two left. So glad we got a chance to try this restaurant. Would definitely recommend eating here.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Always a great setting inside or outside. My first experience was soso but now, much improved. Great service from the waitress, wine by the glass a little more than the first pours I had, always good to see. Food was great, hot and tasty. Appys were soso, they could be improved a lot but the main meals were good. Meal took a little time to get to us but the service and wine was great soo it didn't matter.
We will be back.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

This restaurant, called the Cview, has a lovely atmosphere overlooking the beach and facing the sunset which makes it an ideal place to have dinner. We attended in mid July 2014 and took guests from out of town for dinner. The fish and chips were mediocre but the chef did include an extra piece of halibut on my plate as he felt the first piece was too small. Our guests had pasta and beef tenderloin. The steak was perfectly cooked with a nice array of vegetables. The pasta was a good-sized portion and my guest was unable to finish it. All in all, the prices were reasonable, the view phenomenal and the service second to none. I will return and try something different on the menu next time around.

Re my dinner Friday 18th of July....party of 6
Review

Beautiful Location

Heavy Chairs, difficult to pull out re carpet?
did not like the fabric, wool/felt...I am a middle age women with hot flashes!...crumbs on chairs when we sat down, difficult to remove
noise level in room to loud , music too loud and just another noise in a room that was too noisy!.....wished you had higher ceilings!

not enough waiters, our waiter was run off his feet, he was great at his job ...too many hosts, they were very entertaining, but I think it would have been better if they had pitched in for the waiter....also no water on table?? till much later....nice touch re bread, but not the greatest bread....and they should have removed empty wineglasses on table that were not used
hopefully staff organization will improve!

re Tapa of Three Courgettes
grilled zucchini, greek yogurt,
pecan streusel, balsamic reduction..........take this off the menu not good!

Tapa Sautéed Wild Mushrooms
with Roasted Garlic.............beautiful sauce, this is a keeper!

Tapenade Crostini ...........overdone,dried out, not impressed!

Rip Tide Squid 8
sweet chili glaze, tobiko aioli.........was wonderful, loved the taste!

Seared Albacore Tuna Cost of $10to $ 12
ginger syrup, green onions, asian coleslaw..........not good!....tasted fishy! not fresh?...lukewarm,limp, mushy

3 orders of fish and chips were greatly enjoyed , loved the potato fries

Caesar Salad 9
romaine heart, croutons, fried capers, candied bacon,
parmesan, boiled egg, peppercorn dressing..............looks beautiful, but too much work, and I have had much better Caesar Salads! , not impressed with bacon bits, and whats with the boiled egg?, other lady at table, her caesar salad came tossed? and no egg?

Re Elegant Chocolate Cake $ 7.
raspberry sauce, whipped cream
Vanilla..............................I bought this and took home to my husband....dry and not worth the money $7.00.........could have gone up the the street to QF and bought a much better slice..??...isn't this where they get their food from?

re Cheese Cake
seasonal fruit coulis..............Cost $7.00............Not impressed, I would have had a better slice of cheesecake at Q Foods????

Chocolate Mousse in a Jar $ 7.00
graham cracker crust...........very cute display, I would have roasted marshmallow on stick and instead of choc chips, put melted choc on marshmallow

Decaf Coffee....great taste, but not a full cup, and no refill??

we overall thought the prices okay, but my total came to approx. $48.00, for one for Appi and Salad and 2 deserts with coffee , no wine...overall we loved the staff, but not sure if I will be back, food, left much to be desired ......big disappointment!!

2  Thank middleagedlady2014