“Titillate your taste buds with tasty Tapas!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cview Restaurant

Cview Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Cview Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Vancouver Island
“Titillate your taste buds with tasty Tapas!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

This recently renovated Restaurant was a delight to enter with it's new decor, views of Qualicum Bay, and update atmosphere. This was a ladies late lunch/early dinner treat and we opted to order from the Tapas menu as it was available until 4 p.m. The order was Asparagus wrapped in Prosciutto ham, Shrimp in sauce, various cheeses appetizer size grilled cheese sandwich bites, Zucchini mandolin cut and rolled with a Balsamic reduction and chopped nut pieces sauce. Each dish was so tasty it was positively sinful and a real titillation for the taste buds. Added to this a very large pot of Raspberry tea..... what a treat it all was. This was followed with Creme Brulee, which just topped off this delightful meal. The waiter was courteous and ready to explain the various dishes and recommend one or two that were staff favourites. All in all a great Saturday afternoon experience and they can be very sure we will be back. Thank you..

Visited June 2014
2 Thank abunni

A TripAdvisor Member
“Great food, great night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

I have visited the QBI 3x since it's opening 6 weeks ago and am thoroughly impressed with their improvement over each visit.

Our most recent visit was last night to celebrate graduation along with several other tables who arrived to their reservations at the same time. The staff was friendly, efficient, and professional as they handled the late night rush.

No one in our party had a complaint once their food arrived and there was something on the menu for everyone... Literally from a delicious "gourmet" grilled cheese to beef tenderloin. To finish off we indulged in Creme brûlée and apple crumble, once again delicious.

10/10. Do recommend.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Qualicum Beach, Canada
“Tried it out, won't be back.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

Arrived to check out the new renos. Absolutely gorgeous interior design and the restaurant itself was spectacular. The "C View", as it is called on their menus, certainly offered that and much more. Kudos to their stylist and design team, a job very well done. Now, down to business. When we arrived there was no one the to greet us in the restaurant. The hostess was busily bussing tables and had to be reminded by one of the waitresses that we were even there. We were seated quickly as there was not really that many guests in there for the afternoon lunch crowd. Beautiful view though. We opened the menus and to our dismay noticed there were very few gluten free offerings. In fact, there was only one, a salad. My wife asked our waitress if there was a separate gluten free menu perhaps to which she replied no but the kitchen could substitute gluten free bread is she'd like a sandwich. A sandwich? Hmmm. As I was okay with good old gluten myself, I ordered their burger with "dollar" chips. My wife ordered the club house on GF bread. The food arrived and we began. My wife noticed immediately and commented aloud to me that the chicken was very dry and so was the bread. Her potatoes were cold and undercooked. I tried my burger. To be honest I was expecting something at the very least average as who can screw up a burger with bacon on it? Well, it seems, they can. My burger had absolutely no seasoning in the beef, the sauce was bland, and in fact the only flavour I could actually detect was the shaved, raw cucumber on the burger. My potatoes were also cold and undercooked. We did not see the waitress again until near the end of of our "meal". A refill offer on the coffee is not that much to task anyone is it? Alas, it was not to be until she came to clear the dishes and ask if were interested in dessert. Considering we were here to give this new restaurant the college try, we indulged. My wife ordered the creme brulee and I the chocolate cake. Her dessert was actually very good and she enjoyed it immensely. My "cake" was actually a very thin slice of a very average, flavourless and dry cake which was then cut in half and presented in a way which I think was meant to cover up its shortfalls. The only really good thing about it was the whipping cream. Higher than average prices, very poor food quality, which is ironic when you consider that Quality Foods owns the hotel now. Decor, again, was spectacular, front desk staff person both greeted us on arrival and thanked us for coming as we left to her credit. Restaurant service, average at best. We won't be back nor will recommend the C View to anyone. Unless they realize that's all their paying for, the view.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Steve M
Coronado, California
“Average for breakfast”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

We stopped in for breakfast as we wanted to try the newest offering in town. My husband and I eat out for breakfast quite often and were hoping for something special.

There was only one other group in the restaurant - a table of four. They were just finishing up when we go there.

The server was pleasant, but not very attentive.

The menu is fairly extensive but we were puzzled that there was not a basic two egg breakfast w/o meat or potatoes.

The potatoes, while good, seemed more appropriate for lunch or dinner. They are not cubed or shredded, but more like quartered small potatoes. They were nicely done, but a bit filling for breakfast. The container they were in also took up a lot of room on the plate so the eggs I ordered were kind of squashed together.

There are only two choices of bread - multigrain or sourdough. They do offer a gluten free multigrain.

I found the sausage quite bland. The eggs were ok, but a little over done. My husband had Eggs Benedict and found it average.

We are not huge eaters and would like to see smaller offerings on the menu. My husband asked about a half order and was told that was not possible. It is a waste of food to get a whole order if you can't eat it. I would like to see a basic two egg & toast breakfast option so that you don't have to get meat and potatoes if you don't want them.

The view and decor are very nice. The new owners did a great job in the renovation of this hotel & restaurant.

We'll go back but I think they could make a few changes to make this more appealing to seniors who don't eat huge meals. Options are what it's all about these days.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank NadoNut12
Parksville, British Columbia, Canada
“New Restaurant Needs to Heed Advice from Clientele to Succeed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

This newly opened restaurant needs to pay close attention to its clients' feedback if it is to be successful in this predominately seniors' market.
While the menu selection, including the tapas and entrees, looks interesting at first glance, all the items my wife and I selected were actually quite bland and ordinary. The wine/liquor selection is adequate with competitive pricing.
I suggest that the restaurant management implement a client feedback card with each check, inviting the client to rate the various service components: initial greeting, promptness of table service, friendliness of staff, server follow-up after a meal has been served as in "how is everything? food presentation, and most importantly, the quality of the meal being served.
The restaurant's ambiance is spectacular inside with amazing ocean views from almost everywhere; the challenge is to raise the standard of the food to the same high level!​

• 5 of 5 bubbles