“Delightful food and view”

CView Restaurant & Lounge
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: When was the last time you walked into a room that wasn’t square? True, it would have been easier to rebuild than restore an old building. Chances are, you’d be sitting in a square room with much higher ceilings. But Qualicum would be missing a little bit of the past. A place that represents memories for families and friends that stretch back over three generations. Have a look at the floors, the ceilings, the pillars, and beams… and you’ll see why we appreciate all the designers and builders who helped restore a piece of the past and create this unique, round room and wedge-shaped lounge. Handcrafted food is our passion and seasonality plays a dynamic role in our menu. We take pride in serving delicious food done right, from preparing all of our meats in-house to making all of our own sauces. Working with fresh seasonal ingredients allows the natural flavors of the food to shine through each dish. We can taste the difference and we hope you can too!
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Location, food, ocean view, service - the Old Dutch Inn has it all.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

I know the inn is under new ownership and the restaurant has yet to be redone. The food can be excellent or average, i am not sure what it depends on yet. They have a great spot, and the service was good. I think there are high hopes of changes to come, and hopefully consistency too.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

Thursday night is half Price Appy and Salad night! Great deal!! I have been a few times, tried the Brie/Filo, the Calamari, Brushetta, all were fantastic but by far the best scallops I have ever had with the bacon jam!!! I have also tried the spinach salad with pear and confit of duck, delicious!!! I am very thrifty and probably wouldn't have enjoyed it as much if I paid full price but was totally worth it at half price!!! (Also Thursday night has all cocktails for only $5)

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Went for my birthday supper having long wanted to try out the new menu*-fresh seafood and local concept .
Happy to start with a bunch of shared appies and cocktails, then move onto dinner and dessert.
Sadly, we never made it past the appetizers .
Service was slow and certainly lacking in any enthusiasm . there were 2 servers to cover 6 tables and we had to ask several times for more water . The lack of attention to any details played out in all aspects of our meal .
Seafood chowder - fresh and lots dill and cream. One bowl had lots seafood while one was almost devoid of it - weirdly the chef drizzled chili oil on top of the chowder . I love hot spicy food but felt it overpowered the soup.
The ceviche was so disappointing- a family favorite ,had NO shrimp at all and a few pieces of scallop - tons of chopped greens , weak on the lime or spice-bland tasting. When I asked the server about it she brought us another bowl with some shrimp and seasoned a bit better but still mostly chopped herbs/greens . Serving it with some fresh bread or crackers would have been nice - the server looked surprised when I requested some as we were all sharing . .@$15 not good value!
Side plates should have been brought as several of us were sharing 5 appies , but I was too upset about the food to ask for the obvious!
The calamari was over cooked and seasoned with ? Curry and served with a bland green goddess(haven't seen that since the 1980s) even my kids did not like it .
The Qualicum bay scallops(3) were nicely seared but served with a huge wad of sprouts on some old dried up corn . The bacon jam was tasty but totally overwhelmed the delicate seafood .
Again ,for $13 not good value.
The duck confit salad was inedible and we sent it back ! Presentation was awful. It was all thrown in a bowl and the duck leg thrown on top. So old dry and salty none of us would eat it !sad!
We've had gorgeous duck confit in Paris and elsewhere and were looking forward to it! To end on a positive ,
The sunset view was gorgeous ! I certainly hope they can get this place up to speed with quality food and service - our town is certainly a void of good dining options !
Headed to another local eatery for dessert and chocolate martinis so my bday dinner ended on a better note !

1  Thank serene-goddess
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We eat here about twice a year when visiting and the food at lunch today was very good. The new owners are about to completely redo the place once summer is over so it should get even better. We started with the seafood chowder and it was above par. The two mains were a delicious duck confit salad for one and a juicy hamburger. Duck excellent and burger better than most places. 1/2 liter of house Sauvignon blanc was nice and at a reasonable price point. The view of the ocean is fairly good, not as good as The Shady down the street but the food quality and the linens make it a notch above. The owners as of this year are the group that own Quality Food stores and everything they seem to do has class so we are looking forward to the major renovation.