“Great New Menu!”

The Shady Rest Waterfront
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Shady has been a local tradition since 1924!Come see for yourself why we're still having fun after all these years. Great food, friendly service, and a breathtaking oceanfront setting await. We look forward to serving you!
mrsoconnor
“Great New Menu!”
Reviewed January 10, 2011

We recently visited The Shady Rest and what a great new menu it has! There are 8 new burgers on the menu alone! We had a very hard time chosing what we wanted and decided that we will just have to go back many times to try them all. I am actually going back tomorrow for a business lunch as I am confident that the staff and meal options will impress my client. All of this plus the great view in town makes The Shady an obvious choice for both business and personal meals out!

• Visited January 2011

Qaulicum Beach
“Great food,service and WOW the view”
Reviewed December 7, 2010

wonderful new menu with price for every budget
the food is presented well and the flavours are incredible
as a local I go there regularly and have tried a variety of item on the menu
It's a great place for work and sport groups as well as just dinner with friends
Improvements to the bar make it a comfortable place to go by yourself
Service is always friendly
And the view ... what better place to sit in the evening with the beach front lit up or to go on a stormy day and watch the waves

Qualicum
“All around Magnificent”
Reviewed October 18, 2010

To start with, the view is simply amazing! My fiance and I had breakfast at the Shady last sunday and had a wonderful time. There was a bald Eagle perched on a pole just outside the window eating a fish; I have been living on the island all my life and have never seen anything like that. The food was fantastic! My fiance had the crab cake benedict which she raved about. I had to try it and it was very tasty. I had the traditional, which is usually a basic meal but the chunky hash browns that accompanied the "traditional" at the Shady were some of the best I have ever had. The service was also great. The server introduced herself by name, Donna, which i thought was a nice touch, and she checked in every few minutes to refill our water and make sure everything was ok. Overall, the shady was a great experience and I would recommend it to anyone.

Nanaimo, Canada
“great food, amazing view!”
Reviewed September 27, 2010

We dined at the shady last week and enjoyed a wonderful dinner in the restaurant. They offer a great $11 menu with so many tasty items to choose from. I had the pot pie and my wife had the chicken parmesan. They were both delicious! They also had a great wine list so we splurged and shared a bottle. We will be back for sure to try more of the $11 menu as well as items off the regular menu that caught my eye. The view is breathtaking and i highly recommend this place!

Qualicum Beach, Canada
“Love this place!”
Reviewed September 26, 2010

We live in Qualicum Beach and go to the Shady very often. I love the pub, the view is amazing, the food is always top notch, and the girls are always friendly and smiling. Who wouldn't smile, working in such a fun pub? The resataraunt is where we go for a quit meal when we have friends in from out of town or for a special occasion.. you can't go wrong with the Shady!