“Drop in every time we're going by.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lefty's Restaurant

Lefty's Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Canadian, Soups, International, Contemporary
Good for: Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Located in downtown Qualicum Beach, Lefty's has been crafting fresh food daily since 1996. Open for breakfast, lunch, dinner and desserts (with many gluten-free and vegetarian options available), the restaurant features comfort food with a twist and seasonal specials along with a warm, welcoming ambiance and cozy tables. Lefty's now offers stone-baked artisan thin-crust pizzas with sauces made from scratch, blended cheeses and fresh ingredients. Or start your morning with a Lefty's local breakfast, made with free-range eggs, custom British-style banger sausages, house-made jam, hot sauce and fresh-brewed locally-roasted organic coffee.
Black Creek, Canada
“Drop in every time we're going by.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

Well breakfast - Our grown son & our daughter-in-law and wife & I all in for breakfast - service was quick & very friendly - meals were excellent - we stop in for supper, lunch, whatever - whenever we are near Qualicum Beach. We just don't get enough dessert! We never plan for it! But we did have dessert once and of course it was just right. We are true regulars even though we live 80 miles away.

Vancouver Island, Canada
“Eat here, just do it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Perfectly cooked prawns (which is rare, I try them a lot) and an amazing (AMAZING) burger. Eat here, you need too. Great kids menu as well. Exceptional service...

Qualicum Beach, Canada
“Good food...Good Service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

Went there for lunch today. Menu is varied. We both opted for the mushroom/bacon burger. Very nice burger and we both enjoyed the potato wedges. Will definitely be going back.

Victoria, Canada
“Recent visit not a good experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

We've visited Lefty's a number of times in the past, Qualicum restaurant. yesterday was not a good experience. We sat at a table by a side door, which I normally notice, in our past visits, was not used. Yesterday, after at least 10 door openings, it was quite annoying. Then our breakfast was finally served, after at least 30 minutes waiting. My dish was quite unappealing, a pile of sliced boiled potatoes at the side, I think they were supposed to be fried potatoes, but not crisp, some were warm, mainly cold and they just didn't look attractive at all. The huevos were skimpy and the server, although quite bubbly, actually reached across my dish of food and it was at this point that I completely lost my appetite. I didn't want to make a scene, and really should have sent the dish back. However, it was the final straw, of the server's arm just hovering over my food that repulsed me. It would have been much more polite for her to have actually gone over to the side of the table, to replenish my partner's drink. Not impressed.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Hugs20
High Wycombe, England
“Excellent pre-theatre dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Having enjoyed lunch the previous day at Lefty's in Parksville (see separate entry and review) we decided to try their Qualicum venue for dinner as we had booked the nearby Village Theatre.
We were not disappointed!
I had smoked salmon pasta in a delicious Gorgonzola sauce and my wife had vegetable pasta in a lovely white sauce.
Lefty's pies all look wonderful but we decided to share just one - the lemon meringue pie, with whipped cream. This was wonderful, but we would have pigged out had we had one each!
As with the Parksville Lefty's the service is friendly and helpful.
We recommend both Lefty's.

Visited August 2013