“Not worth it.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lefty's Restaurant

Lefty's Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Canadian, Soups, International, Contemporary
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Located in downtown Qualicum Beach, Lefty's has been crafting fresh food daily since 1996. Open for breakfast, lunch, dinner and desserts (with many gluten-free and vegetarian options available), the restaurant features comfort food with a twist and seasonal specials along with a warm, welcoming ambiance and cozy tables. Lefty's now offers stone-baked artisan thin-crust pizzas with sauces made from scratch, blended cheeses and fresh ingredients. Or start your morning with a Lefty's local breakfast, made with free-range eggs, custom British-style banger sausages, house-made jam, hot sauce and fresh-brewed locally-roasted organic coffee.
Kimberley, Canada
“Not worth it.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Coffee was so bad it wasn't drinkable. Food was nice but overpriced. Service was mediocre. Sitting on patio was alright albeit we did get smoked out a few times by traffic fumes. I won't be coming back.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

Qualicum Beach, Canada
“Great food anytime all the time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

I have eaten many meals at Lefty's over the years and have always loved every meal I have had, breakfast, lunch or dinner, at this quality restaurant! Tasty food, excellent service and very friendly atmosphere! Thanks Lefty's for always making me feel welcome! I shall return:)

“Sadly, Gone Downhill”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

I've been coming to Lefty's for about ten years as a local and I have been very disappointed with the food and service the last three visits. Today, I actually sent my meal back it was so bad..."chicken kabob on roasted eggplant quinoa salad with peach chutney" amounted to boiled chicken on tasteless quinoa with some peach apple sauce like thing on the side that looked and tasted like baby food. Previous visit..."poached egg on avocado with cheese" turned out to not have any avocado! So the owner came out and scooped an avocado on to my plate! Also, pricing does not reflect quality ... I can get better food at the coffee shop by my home in Bowser for half the cost!! Finally, our waitress was very slow, not personable, and bad talked me to other staff when I sent my food back! A loyal patron that will not go back... :(

1 Thank Weesiemarie
Robert H, Owner at Lefty's Restaurant, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
I have contacted this guest personally to address the specific circumstances. Guest satisfaction is our number one concern which begins from us as the "owners". We believe that intention, although perhaps misquided at times, is the fundamental by which we have run our operations for the past 16 plus years. One of my favourite restaurants has a saying that I love "We may screw up a little but we care a lot!" That is still true at Lefty's as reflected in all the great people who work for us and with us. We encourage them to 'always do their best' , realizing that it varies from day to day. We intend to take responsibility for every mistake we make when we are given the opportunity. We certainly are disappointed that this regular has had a string of unfortunate experiences and intend to evaluate the circumstances and make the necessary changes as best we are able.
Edmonton, Canada
“Worthwhile”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

A great spot, clean friendly place with great service and food. What more could you want, thanks Rachel.

Richmond, Canada
“Nice spot for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

Had lunch at Lefty's this past weekend. The lunch was tasty and was prepared in a reasonable amount of time. Waitress was friendly and efficient. They have a great selection of desserts that all look yummy and I noticed a lot of people trying them. If only I had had room for dessert. That being said, there was a lot to choose on the menu and we both enjoyed our meal. Would stop in again.

• 3 of 5 bubbles