“A little piece of paradise”

Cedar Grove RV Park & Campground
Reviewed June 8, 2014

My wife and I were touring the island this past April. we decided to stop at Cedar Grove for a couple of nights. What a great spot. The managers, Sharon and Will, were very friendly and helpful. I could see they really work very hard to keep everything organized and clean. Good selection of full service or dry sites. Thanks Sharon and Will. We see you again for sure!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank CaptCod

Reviewed May 24, 2014

My girlfriend and I were travelling through Qualicum Beach when our van started to play up. We decided to play it safe and choose a random campground in the area before we broke down and became stranded. This last minute decision turned out to be the best decision made on the entire trip as we were lucky enough to stay Cedar Grove campground and meet its amazing owners Will and Sharon.

Will instantly recognized we were having problems with our van and become personally concerned for us in our bad situation. He used his own spare time assisting me with problem solving the van, driving me to get the parts I needed and making sure it was running again so we could return to our travels asap. He did this purely out of his own good will (no pun intended) and thanks to the warming personality of him and his wife Sharon we felt completely relieved and content.

The actual campground itself was coincidentally as great as the service so we ended up spending an extra day just because it was so nice. We got a great spot right beside the river where we had front row seats to a wild eagle hunting for fish. The grounds were very clean with all the utilities you need for a comfortable camping experience. There's also a very short walk to the beach and an awesome pub just down the road if you end up needing a break from nature.

There's so much more I could recommend about this place based on our experience here but I'll just say that I strongly recommend Cedar Grove to anyone, Thanks again Will and Sharon!

Room Tip: Will advised us that the campgrounds right beside the river were the best and ours was definitely gr...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Tim A
Reviewed May 20, 2014

My friend and I camped here over the July long weekend and had a great stay. The manager, Sharon, recommended a quiet tent site near the river when we booked by phone and we were not disappointed. It was a perfect spot to set up lawn chairs and go for a swim on a warm summer day. Unlike some other campgrounds I've stayed at, our site was forested and felt quite private even though there were other campers on each side of us. The washrooms were very clean. Will even dropped off the firewood we purchased and lent us an axe to make kindling when we realized we had forgotten ours. We didn't have children with us, but it looked like there were lots of fun things for families to do - a playground, arcade, scavenger hunt, and more. We'll definitely be back. Thanks for the hospitality, Will and Sharon!

Room Tip: Consider requesting a site away from the nearby road to ensure a quiet stay.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Lindsay T
Reviewed May 19, 2014

My boyfriend and I really enjoyed our time at Cedar Grove Campground. We had a beautiful spot on the river. The staff was very friendly, respectful and helpful. It was exactly what we wanted from our weekend get away. We are so pleased with our experience, we will definitely be returning to this campground in the future! Thank you so much!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Erin W
Reviewed December 10, 2013

A huge 'thanks' to Will & Sharon for a warm welcome on a cold winter's day. Coming into the home stretch of our 3 month trip through Canada and the US, we happened upon Cedar Grove RV Park...a fortuitous and unexpected event! We had intended on staying only two nights before heading onward but the site (on the river, full hookups, quiet except for the soothing sound of the water, bald eagles, ducks and glorious nature literally at our doorstep!) and more importantly, the hosts Sharon and Will, led us to stay 3 additional nights. Their kindness and generosity made our 5 day visit to Qualicum a joy and they're certainly two people we will remember fondly from our North American Adventure! Thanks again and hope to see you both again soon!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank N M
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Were were lucky enough to be able to get a spot to stay at Cedar Grove RV Park over the Labour Day Long Weekend. We booked last minute on Saturday and didn't arrive on site until close to 11 Pm that night. Will greeted us at our RV site with a flashlight and a helping hand! Will and Sharon are absolutely fantastic people. I would definitely recommend this RV park to people travelling with small children. Great Playground and "Scavenger Hunt" for the kids. ( My 4 year old son's highlight!) I particularly liked the swimming hole. We've been to many of the high end campgrounds on the Island with the nicest pools but in my mind a nice river swimming hole takes top honours! Beautiful Park, Beautiful scenery and Beautiful People!! We'll be back!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Danny L
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We were booked to stay at Rathtrevor Beach for a night but wanted to stay on the Island another night so we ended up staying at this place. We enjoyed ourselves so much that we cancelled our spot at the other one (despite no refund) and stayed our second night. The management were great, especially since they had only been opened for 2 weeks. Our site was on the river which made for a quiet night with no bugs and no problems. It was the first time we had taken our two year old daughter camping and we couldn't have picked a better place. Loved the fact that they came around every night to take the garbage and ensure the quietness. Definitely a great family camping place and by the sounds of it, things will only get better as the new management settle in and create a fun new atmosphere.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Qualicum Beach Inn
Qualicum Beach Inn
#1 of 10 in Qualicum Beach
Salmon Point Resort RV Park & Marina
Salmon Point Resort RV Park & Ma...
#7 of 15 in Campbell River

Been to Cedar Grove RV Park & Campground? Share your experiences!