“If it wasn't good, I would not have gone back 3 times”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We ate breakfast here twice, had mother's day brunch here, and had my parents 60 anniversary dinner here. It was fantastic every time. Know I will be back my next trip to Qualicum Beach

1  Thank 27Brent

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We just had lunch at the Thalassa Restaurant the food was excellent. My husband had the fish and chips and I had the Greek wrap. Service was excellent. Sat outside and enjoyed the great view.

2  Thank longstemmedblonde
Reviewed May 6, 2013

After coming to Thalassa for brunch over the past few years while we visit the island, we felt, disappointed with our last few visits. The view was amazing, the buffet was great - but our service has lacked. We came twice in the past 4 weeks, once we sat close the New Bar (which is great), but were left with a young boy clearing our plates, and rarely saw our server. We then came back a couple of weeks later, and sat by the fireplace. Same great young man, but this time, we ordered a side of toast, which took 25 minutes to come, and was dry. Our server was busy talking with a couple in the corner, and getting her attention was difficult. When we got to the counter and our server was busy, so we left the cash and went.

Over the years, we have had some great times, and hope that they are better again. We will give brunch another try when we come back in the fall and if that does not improve, we will stay with Dinner, cause it was great. We came in tonight, sat on their patio, and had a great time.

Our server was great - the kids loved their burger, and both the staff were so helpful when it came time to package our food. A much more pleasant experience ... maybe the night staff like their work place better than the nutty busy day staff.

Either way, we will try again.

1  Thank Francis403
Ouranea G, Owner at Thalassa Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear Customer:

Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate both the negative and positive feedback that you have identified.

We wanted you to know that based on your feedback, we have made changes to our Sunday Brunch service. I hope that you see the benefit of your feedback and welcome you to contact us directly after your next visit.

Owner/Partner

Reviewed May 5, 2013

We are done, have been here three times now, poor service and mediocre food.
Came on Sunday, brunch didn't appeal to us, so ordered off the limited menu, after waiting 20 minutes just for water and having to ask for it twice, should have knowing better and left.
Ordered the fish & chips, fish over cooked almost burnt and fries too salty, and also waited over half an hour. The restaurant wasn't that busy and most of the patrons were having the buffet.
The waitress didn't seem to care and not even friendly.
We have given this restaurant 3 chances, will never be back.
Only thing it has going for it is the spectactular view.

Dear Guest,

First, let me apologize for your experience. It certainly is not what I wish for any of our customers.

After reviewing your remarks and speaking with our staff, we wanted you to know that we have made changes to our schedule and our servers for Sunday's. While appreciate that this does not make your current visit any better, it is with your feedback that we are able to better ourselves.

If you could accept this apology and give us one more chance, it would be my pleasure to make up the experience to you.

Please feel free to call me directly and discuss this further.

Respectfully,

250-594-1150

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Came here with friends for Easter brunch. View is fabulous, food was OK - had better, also had worse, but it was the loud/inappropriate hostess (?) that totally turned me off.
I have worked in the service/restaurant industry for many years and I get the idea of turnover - especially on busy days like Valentine's, Mother's Day etc. But what I will not tolerate as a customer is the staff speaking loud and clear literally two steps from my chair saying 'You want to serve them, bill them and get them out as soon as you can.' Perhaps this is a conversation that could be had AWAY from customers, perhaps in the kitchen!!

1  Thank Eoifa9
Ouranea G, Owner at Thalassa Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear Valued Customer:

Please accept my apology for the Brunch experience that you had on Easter Sunday. After receiving your review, I have spoken with our staff and would love to be able to speak to you directly about your experience.

With that, I extend an invitation for you to respond to me directly so that I may have the opportunity to correct this dining experience for you. I can be reached at the Restaurant at your availability.

Respectfully,