“A Most enjoyable vacation”

Riverside Resort & Campground
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Qualicum Beach
vancouver
“A Most enjoyable vacation”
Reviewed July 8, 2010

Our family of 4 and 2 dogs stayed at this resort for a week in June and found it the most pleasant relaxing holiday we have had. Actually my daughter and i stayed here in 2009, and had the same great experience, so we made it an annual trip. The staff at this resort are so friendly and helpful, it made your stay even more pleasant. It was really re-assuring to know and trust, that when you went away on a day trip, you had a wonderful place to come home too. It was very clean, the grounds are very well kept, it has a great family atmosphere.
I found the store to be well stocked with anything we needed, and again the staff were very helpful. The fact that we could bring our dogs and have no hassle was truly great, I think they loved it as much as we did.
As stated before we will be making this an annual vacation, as you can not find a better place for a family to stay and have some great quality time together, whether it be taking little road trips, or just walking to the beach, I would highly recommend this resort to anyone.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Iowa
Reviewed July 4, 2010

It was a decent camping site by the river but there were tons of weeds separating us from the river. The miniature golf looked really fun, but they weren't open. The slide also looked cool, but it wasn't open either. Maybe it was too early in the season? The playground was really nice for the kids. The beaches around there were horribly rocky and buggy. We won't be back to this campground again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank KatherineNoel
fort frances ontario
Reviewed June 10, 2010

my wife and I travelled for the first time from Fort Frances, Ontario in our recently purchased RV to vancouver Island and specifically to Qualicum Beach where our son resides. We found the owner of Riverside Resort Andrew very friendlly and personable along with his staff Leo and Deb . We found the resort very nice , tidy and quiet and for being first time RVers we certainly were impressed overall. Actually we stayed in many RV parks on our way to and from Qualicum and we rate Riverside as one of the best if not the best of all of them.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
vancouver
Reviewed November 7, 2009

My daughter and I and our 2 dogs stayed at this resort in June 2009 and had the best time there. There was plenty to do, water slides, mini golf, and most of all so close to the beach, we could walk for 10 minutes and enjoy the lovely view and sit in the sun. We also loved the fact that we could drive for 10 minutes into Qualicum, buy our groceries and come back to make our meals. It was like having a mini apartment, so much more than "cabins" The staff were all excellent and pleasant to deal with, never had a hassle with anything. The store at the office was well stocked and the people that stay there year round are very nice, it's like a family atmosphere.
As we are not ones for the" Night life', we can not comment on that nor any of the many resteraunts around as we cooked ourselves. I did not hear any complaints from any of the campers or visitors in our time there.
We loved the place so much that we have decided to make it an annual trip and have already reserved for next year, and plan on reserving for every year. One of the best places we have ever stayed in, and we would like to thank Riverside for making our mother daughter trip so much more enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2009
Parksville
Reviewed February 24, 2009

I was stranded for a place to stay (that allowed pets) looking on the net and elsewere the only place that was affordable was the Riverside. I have a 1 bedroom for myself and my cat, the office and cleaning staff are wonderful I can't say enough about them. I came home from work to find a note in my door requesting I attend the Christmas get-together that the office and seasonal people have every year, being by myself it restored my Christmas spirit. The friendly faces that I see while dealing with the office for mail, groceries ,laundry ect...... is a pleasant part of my daily routine.
The Riverside Resort is more than just a place to stay it is like coming home!
I would highly recommend the Riverside Resort to anyone!

• Stayed December 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank mazatleco22
Kincardine, Canada
Reviewed February 2, 2009

Not only does the Riverside Resort host an annual foodie Christmas party for all it's guests, the staff really accomodates you. My wife and I decided to start out tenting for the winter here , nuts I know, but times are hard. During our camping stay , the staff was warm, provided plenty of quality dry firewood , and long lasting hot showers were had.

After a couple of weeks of bean eating, whiskey drinking, damp fun , it was time for an upgrade. Without a blink of an eye , a homey clean kitchenette was provided. Yes the floor is worn, the door trim has seen younger days, and the tv is older. But the comfy bed , huge kitchennete with lots of dishes and accessories to even make Martha Stewart holler.I really enjoyed sipping my whiskey on the picnic table provided for me outside my suite, not that I miss the tenting.

Thank -you Riverside Resort and big thanks to the cleaning staff, especially Smiling Allison and Hot Stuff Leon.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
victoria, bc
Reviewed September 30, 2008

my husband and 2 kids stayed here for 3 nights. almost left after 1st night. i called the night before to confirm that we got a cabin with a fireplace. the lady i spoke with said no prob. when we showed up the next day we checked in and went to our cabin it had no fireplace. i went to ask and the lady at the front said sorry even if you called it doesn't mean yuo will get what you want. the cabin we stayed in needed a huge makeover. the floors were lino and had burn holes, the futon was very worn there were holes in one of the doors. lino in bath was coming up. it basically looked like it had been partied in for years. i went to ask for something else and she said there was nothing although we could see the cabin across from us with a chimney had no one in it. we were already there and the price was good so we stayed for our kids. went to front desk next morn and the same front desk lady started arguing with me. i was being very polite we just wanted to switch to the empty cabin with the fireplace. also the tv was all rainbow and it had started to rain so my kids wanted to watch a show. anyway she was busy and gave me the keys for the empty cabin to check it out. we did. the floors were new and new futon it had definitly been redone. we moved our stuff in and as we were unpacking a family opened the door with the other key from the office. i told them what happened and said don't get #24 cabin. i went to the office with them and made sure they had a place then the desk lady started freaking out on me saying i was not supposed to move in and said they were just going to move the good tv for the bad. and then she had the gull to walk away from me. instantly there was a man standing there and he obviously said don't worry about of course we could stay in #32 and appoligized. well that 2 bedroom cabin was much nicerand we really liked it. i never went back to the front desk but my daughter did to buy a snack. the same lady was there she was very rude to my 10 year old daughter. i have to say it was a good place to stay with kids. it is on the river but has no river access. the pool was great and so was the mini golf but you did have to pay extra for the waterslide ?

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7 Thank corkboot
#8 of 10 in Qualicum Beach
Buena Vista by the Sea
Buena Vista by the Sea
#4 of 10 in Qualicum Beach

Been to Riverside Resort & Campground? Share your experiences!